• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contract negotiations....

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Be warned...... against my better judgement, I'll be throwing my Stetson in the corral again Pete...... how about actually joining the Trust then old chap, huh?
I know it's autumn but hell hasn't started to freeze over, has it?

IndoMike

If Tisdale also thinks the team will do well, why would he want to agree terms now? Surely, he would be better served if he was patient. He could demand a higher salary or be more attractive to another club if the compensation was modest. If the club has started talks, it must be careful to honour the spirit of the Trust motion. If Tisdale started the talks, it might suggest he is being opportunistic and wants to return to a position where he is very well-protected if things go wrong. In my view, that is not the mindset of an ambitious, confident manager.
As I said in my post above, I agree with your comments. The best time to negotiate is near the end of this season, when we can agree to continue with Tiz if we have had a very good season or give him 6 months notice to leave if we haven't. In the latter case he would have plenty of time to plan his next step. However, let's hope we have a very good season and everyone will be happy.
PS. It' s clear that Taggy, Tiz, SP and Oakley have a good relationship. That is very positive in terms of harmony and communication, but if things are not going well the friendship makes it so much harder for Taggy to act against any of them. That's perfectly understandable -it would be the same for most people - but it does mean that the Trust must be firm and very objective.

PeteUSA

Any news yet on Tisdales new contract, or are negotiations ongoing?

iscalad

Any news yet on Tisdales new contract, or are negotiations ongoing?
Ongoing for the next 18 months.

IndoMike

Just when Tizzy starts to get everyone onside, he says this
"The situation is what it is. The supporters decided upon handing in my notice last November, nothing’s changed since then, if it does, I’m sure the club will release that.". The supporters didn't decide to give him his notice : The owners gave him.notice on his rolling contract only.
And then he gets the Manager of the Month and all 3 Sky Bet representatives bring up the issue of Tis's contract, which actually is not connected to their award.

Last edited:

Red Bill

Be warned...... against my better judgement, I'll be throwing my Stetson in the corral again Pete...... how about actually joining the Trust then old chap, huh?
Delighted to hear this Pete. Good on you!

PeteUSA

PS. It' s clear that Taggy, Tiz, SP and Oakley have a good relationship. That is very positive in terms of harmony and communication, but if things are not going well the friendship makes it so much harder for Taggy to act against any of them. That's perfectly understandable -it would be the same for most people - but it does mean that the Trust must be firm and very objective.
I suspect that the Tisdale contract negotiations that Tagg speaks of have been brought about because we're currently top of the League. And of course manager of the month has now been thrown in. Under the circumstances with PT serving out a notice period, I think its ridiculous to be trying to agree a new contract. These discussions should have waited until much later. I suspect the "friends" thing that Mike points out has a major bearing. Thats why the trust must watch that PT doesnt wind up in a wag the dog situation again.

Matt Russell

Thats why the trust must watch that PT doesnt wind up in a wag the dog situation again.
I have seen it asserted (and never contradicted) that you are not a Trust member. If that is the case, what the Trust must watch or not watch is really none of your concern. For a very small contribution, monthly or yearly, your membership fees would add to the growing pot of those already contributing to the greater ECFC cause.

elginCity

I have seen it asserted (and never contradicted) that you are not a Trust member. If that is the case, what the Trust must watch or not watch is really none of your concern. For a very small contribution, monthly or yearly, your membership fees would add to the growing pot of those already contributing to the greater ECFC cause.
He's at liberty to express an opinion on here about the club's owners, whoever it is.

Only 30 bucks a year, Pete, you know it makes sense... :D

Matt Russell

He's at liberty to express an opinion on here about the club's owners:D
Of course he is - but "an opinion" is different from saying what the Trust must or must not do.