• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

CITY V Mansfield Build-up and predictions

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Jonothan Forte fit at the moment, If not, will we have to recall Ben Seymour?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Jonothan Forte fit at the moment, If not, will we have to recall Ben Seymour?
My guess is at this crucial period of the season Matt T would not throw in Ben Seymour, but on the other hand they say youth has no fear and if he"s good enough he's old enough.

Clichés provided by @Get yet cliche 'ere.com.

LOG

Would you know who Ben Seymour was if he approached you in the street and said, hello, I'm Ben Seymour?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
My guess is at this crucial period of the season Matt T would not throw in Ben Seymour, but on the other hand they say youth has no fear and if he"s good enough he's old enough.

Clichés provided by @Get yet cliche 'ere.com.
It's clear that Matt Taylor doesn't plan to use Ben in the first team this season but if Bowman is suspended and Forte is injured that leaves us with only one fit out and out striker so he may have no choice but at least put him on the bench.

fred binneys head

Would you know who Ben Seymour was if he approached you in the street and said, hello, I'm Ben Seymour?
If he said that then yes, I would.

IndoMike

Please see Fred's response above...Smart question :D

tonykellowfan

If he said that then yes, I would.
To be fair that's the funniest post on here for a while.

tonykellowfan

BTW I think we should go 5-3-2 with Jay and Martin up top.

Temporarily Exiled

If Forte is injured:

Pym
K. Wilson — O'Shea — Brown — Moxey — Woodman
Taylor — Law
Boateng — L. Martin
D. Wilson​
Bench: Hamon, A. Martin, Sweeney, Collins, Holmes, Jay.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
First goal probably very important. We have lost against several play off/promotion contenders when we conceded and couldn't quite break the opposition down. Mansfield didn't look great in defence from crewe's goals at the weekend so hopeful we can create things and trouble them.