• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

CITY V Mansfield Build-up and predictions

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hope we get a 5k + crowd : this is the final push.. Need a very loud SJP.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The reason why Jay stays on the field until the end is because he never stops closing down the opposition wherever he is on the pitch, and he'll always be a good threat option from a corner or free kick. Also good with the ball in tight spaces, tends to wriggle some space for himself to make an intelligent pass. On Saturday he had a good game without ever having the ball much. When you're down to ten men you rely on your players to make life in possession as hard as possible for the opponents. He's becoming one of the first names on the team sheet for MT I would think. Obviously better behind a main striker than the furthest forward, and that only happened on Saturday because of the red card.
While Matt Jay is playing well and chipping in with a few goals he definitely deserves his place in the team. However, he is effectively keeping Lee Martin out of the team and it wouldn't surprise me if, at some point, Matt Taylor decides to opt for the more experienced player. After all Archie Collins has done little wrong but has lost his place in the team now Hiram is back.

rifraf

Hope we get a 5k + crowd : this is the final push.. Need a very loud SJP.
I too would like to hear a very loud SJP, but have resigned myself to accepting we must be one of the quietest bunch of home supporters in the Football League. Well done the 'Travelling Army' though.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
While Matt Jay is playing well and chipping in with a few goals he definitely deserves his place in the team. However, he is effectively keeping Lee Martin out of the team and it wouldn't surprise me if, at some point, Matt Taylor decides to opt for the more experienced player. After all Archie Collins has done little wrong but has lost his place in the team now Hiram is back.
Yes, LM had some very good games before he got injured and him and Jay are very similar in terms of their best position in the team. Nice dilemma to have for the manager.

Grecian2K

So it's the "Ben Bradshaw Vs Ben Bradley Derby"?

COME ON YOU REDS

Red & White

City 1 - 0 Mansfield

Law to score the only goal in front of 5,216 attendance.

fred binneys head

I too would like to hear a very loud SJP, but have resigned myself to accepting we must be one of the quietest bunch of home supporters in the Football League. Well done the 'Travelling Army' though.
Harsh and untrue.

GJW

City 1 - 0 Mansfield

Law to score the only goal in front of 5,216 attendance.
Agree with your prediction but you are way off with the crowd. It will be 5219.

Avening Posse

I'm predicting a draw. 0-0 5,000

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-0
Boateng with the goal.