• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City in the Media

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing wrong with that deal at all if he's in agreement, but I doubt very much he would be, although only a hunch.

Believe this is an exceptional case for the reasons already given. We're not talking about a journeyman Ron Manager here, but somebody who knows the club and its ethos inside out, has been loyal, helped bring in significant windfall income and is currently doing very well, and has done for a while now. Get the distinct impression security is important to him and his family, and being valued by the club for his contribution likely important too. Offering a 3 year fixed term deal is a punt, but a calculated one as he's taken us up before, and it's a contract I believe he's earned, and most importantly I think it's the only one he might take.
‘Tis is a very shrewd individual and is not going to walk away from any offer from City, whether 3 years or not, without something definitely on the table elsewhere.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
He wasn't even sacked, Moxers. Harris has got this totally wrong. Tisdale wasn't sacked by the fans, he wasn't even sacked, and the Daily Mail headline is deliberately dishonest.
Too strong to say that just typical media approach i.e being “economical with the truth”.

sign of the chimes

You're fortunate fans at this point in time. Owned and run by people who give a toss about your club, managed by someone who buys in to your ethos and isn't touting himself about every time a vacancy comes up; you've an academy producing talent beyond anyone else in the South West and you're top of a league containing clubs with bigger crowds and/or external investment. If I didn't already have a club to support...

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Too strong to say that just typical media approach i.e being “economical with the truth”.
It's factually incorrect. If a paper has a headline which they themselves know is incorrect, that is dishonest, whether typical newspaper talk or not.

PeteUSA

Yes agree with this. Two years ought to be fine, if he comes up with the goods in that time he'll get his contract renewed anyway. There are some really encouraging signs at the moment and I am more optimistic about our prospects than i'very been for years which I credit him with fully, but if he was given 3 years and the wheels come off again we could find ourselves back to square one.
I agree. No matter how anybody dresses it up, a three year contract is out of the question, particularly if its tagged on to the notice he's already serving. Two years should be perfectly adaquate to any manager. Tisdale might be pushing for longer based on this seasons form thus far and our Wembley appearance. As far as Wembley goes that was a failure due to our shop window player having an off day and the wrong keeper selected etc.

As I've said before, the club is currently holding the aces regarding Tisdales future; they dont need to be rushed. I dont know why Tagg took to the media recently re: Tisdales contract being sorted soon. They can talk about a pay increase I guess, but contract length
negotiations this early in the season? No way.

andrew p long

You're fortunate fans at this point in time. Owned and run by people who give a toss about your club, managed by someone who buys in to your ethos and isn't touting himself about every time a vacancy comes up; you've an academy producing talent beyond anyone else in the South West and you're top of a league containing clubs with bigger crowds and/or external investment. If I didn't already have a club to support...
Don't let having an existing club get in the way...you know it makes sense...Wycombe on Saturday?