• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City in the Media

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
fred, thats the nature of the beast at most other football clubs. Perhaps Mike could have said: Needs to be kept motivated, but 'kept on his toes' is surely acceptable? I think its fairly safe to say that the club is currently dealing with a 'wag the dog' situation regarding who's really the boss at the club. I still find it worrying that one or two on here are advocating some kind of notice situation for Tisdale that would last three years! The trust must ensure that outrageous clauses dont get included in any 'separation' situation. If down the road Tisdale performs really really badly, he should be out the door, like he would be at most other FL clubs.
And should he perform REALLY REALLY well ? Oh hold on a second he is performing well.

You wont be happy until the holy trinity are broken up and we end up with some muppet manager in place who ends up here for about 12 months takes us down and gets sacked when the fans cant take any more.

You are a glass half empty type and nothing will ever please you where our club is concerned.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I imagine Fred’s ire is directed at your misuse of an apostrophe. The plural of ‘toe’ is ‘toes’, there is no need for an apostrophe as that would indicate a possessive, or belonging to the toe or of the toe. It’s a fairly basic rule of English and not difficult to get right.

But he might have been on about something else.
Its nice of you to put forward a theory as to what fred meant but dont you ever think that posts such as yours (which have nothing to do with Exeter City) are likely to put potential newcomers off, particularly the younger element? Picking up on grammar/spelling in such a humiliating way, while retaining apparent politeness is a particularly nasty way of having a dig at somebody, if you dont mind me saying so.

PeteUSA

And should he perform REALLY REALLY well ? Oh hold on a second he is performing well.

You wont be happy until the holy trinity are broken up and we end up with some muppet manager in place who ends up here for about 12 months takes us down and gets sacked when the fans cant take any more.

You are a glass half empty type and nothing will ever please you where our club is concerned.
Is there anything there that I need to respond to. Probably not, since you've emerged as the front runner who watches for anything I post and looks for something to get disruptive/abusive about.

tonykellowfan

I think that is quite a good article.

You have to remember that the headline is not written by the person that wrote the article, a headline is chosen to generate interest and are often deliberately wide of the mark or exaggerated.

Antony Moxey

Its nice of you to put forward a theory as to what fred meant but dont you ever think that posts such as yours (which have nothing to do with Exeter City) are likely to put potential newcomers off, particularly the younger element? Picking up on grammar/spelling in such a humiliating way, while retaining apparent politeness is a particularly nasty way of having a dig at somebody, if you dont mind me saying so.
I was merely offering a theory as to the reasoning behind Fred’s post. If you find that humiliating then perhaps, if indeed it was the reasoning, you should take it up with Fred. As it was, my post was neither an attempt at humiliation or a dig but sadly there’s nothing I can do about how you decide in what context a post is written.

IndoMike

Pete :
1. You spelt "toes" incorrectly
2. Fred called you out on it
3. You didn't get it and thought Fred was referring to the content of your post
4. Moxey tried to explain but you grilled him for commenting on your grammar and spelling, which he wasn't.
Simples.

elginCity

I think that is quite a good article.
Some interesting comments too.

elginCity

If it's the "only one he will take" then better to walk away.... Any contract has to take account of both sides needs....
Not what I said.

malcolms

Not what I said.
You said it's "the only one he might take" which could suggest he will walk away whatever the offer. If that's what you meant then it amounts to the same outcome.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
"the only one he might take"
..... "only one he will take"

This is what happens the quote gets rewritten then its taken as some sort of official thing. Goes from exeweb myth to local media truth.