• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the things I really like about us at the moment is the number of players we are getting into the opposing box, we often have Forte, Law, Lee Martin, Williams or Holmes and sometimes Jake Taylor bombing into the box. Collins is sitting allowing others to attack. I'm enjoying it.
Me too...but I want more from Lee Martin fantastic energy and work rate no doubt...needs to chip in with a few more goals and assists to justify his place though.

ExeterCityLad

I think you have a half decent point... but there was years of complete brainwashed nonsense from some that now needs to be balanced by some light hearted banter. Geoff can take it.
And if he can't take it.... tough

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Me too...but I want more from Lee Martin fantastic energy and work rate no doubt...needs to chip in with a few more goals and assists to justify his place though.
A bit more of this would do very nicely. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wmdby_Savc

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two quick points on Carlisle. Firstly fair play to Steven Pressley for getting Carlisle playing better in the second half but the way he was jumping around the technical area made him look like a complete tit. Secondly, apart from going down very easily for the free kick they scored from, Callum O'Hare did very little all game and on that evidence it doesn't look like we missed out by not signing him.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont see how "a bug in the camp" had anything to do with Pym letting in a soft free kick for their equaliser. He got a hand to the thing FFS, and got down to that ball comfortably. Quite how is wrists weren't strong enough to deal with that shot, from that distance totally baffles me.
You fail to mention that apart from the free kick, which I didn't think he had a chance of saving, Christy Pym had a really good all-round game. He saved everything else comfortably and dominated his box, coming out well to claim crosses and through balls.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear - what is to be done? He played for Watford didn't he?
My comment wasn't meant to be critical so apologies if it came across that way. As Matt Taylor said in his interview this was a solid debut and he clearly has talent but at the moment I would still prefer to see Lee Holmes in the team when he's available.

grecIAN Harris

I just watched the highlights. That was some set up play by Archie Collins but how the hell did Forte miss. He could have mi**** his shot from there and it still would have gone in yet somehow he manages to hit the keeper. As for both goals, I think I'm going to go a bit Pete on both of them. Both shots were struck well enough but both keepers got enough of their hands to each shot enough to see the deflection off of them which would suggest they should have done better. The deflection from Pym seemed to send the ball down more than away.

IndoMike

I just watched the highlights. That was some set up play by Archie Collins but how the hell did Forte miss. He could have mi**** his shot from there and it still would have gone in yet somehow he manages to hit the keeper. As for both goals, I think I'm going to go a bit Pete on both of them. Both shots were struck well enough but both keepers got enough of their hands to each shot enough to see the deflection off of them which would suggest they should have done better. The deflection from Pym seemed to send the ball down more than away.
He's not a natural finisher. He needs 6 chances to score one goal. But his speed makes him a threat to the opponents, even though there is no end product from him. He keeps the opponents' defense watchful.

grecIAN Harris

He's not a natural finisher. He needs 6 chances to score one goal. But his speed makes him a threat to the opponents, even though there is no end product from him. He keeps the opponents' defense watchful.
You don't need to be a natural finisher in that position. At that range, anywhere but the keeper and he scores.

IndoMike

You don't need to be a natural finisher in that position. At that range, anywhere but the keeper and he scores.
My comment was a general comment, not specifically directed at the chance he missed yesterday. However, a natural finisher would probably have scored, cos they don't panic in front of goal.