Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gone 2.30 am and nobodys excited enough to start it?

Okay, here goes: An extremely tough game I'd say, but we dont half need 3 points!

Rog H K

Bit quite here this morning Pete. Long old poke. Know 3 who flew yesterday and going via Newcastle for a beer. Trains plains and automobiles how ever you are going safe trip up North all, 3 points would be great to come home with. Very tough one today.
My Wallet had a few moths in it so I will be heading South to Exmouth Town v Plymouth Argyle Res in the big Dockyard Derby today. Top of table clash. Come on the Ex's!

IndoMike

Would settle for a draw, would be delirious with a win, and will hit the whisky bottle if we lose. So come on Matty's Merry Men...sock it to those Northern yokels..
Up the 'ammers! Oops

geoffwp

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our performance last week showed that we have no need to fear ANY team in L2. If we can replicate it then we can win again. Come on you reds, get on the ready line.

Avening Posse

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hoping we approach this with confidence in our ability and do not go all tactical and try and defuse them rather than making them worry about us. I believe we will approach it with confidence as I think that is Matt's way. Will be mightily impressed if we get 3 points from this one

elginCity

Well-known Exeweb poster
A February trip to Carlisle ? Has to be the season's fewest away following to date, hope it makes three figures.

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
Happy birthday to Lee Martin. Go score a goal or two to celebrate!

Temporarily Exiled

I know it's a funny old league and you can never predict results with confidence, but I get the feeling that we have to come away from today with something.

Looking at the fixtures today for those in the top 9 (there's a bit of a gap to Tranmere now):
(1st) Lincoln v Northampton (16th)
(14th) Newport County v Mansfield (2nd)
(22nd) Morecambe v Bury (3rd)
(4th) Forest Green v Notts County (24th)
(6th) MK Dons v Swindon (13th)
(8th) Colchester v Cheltenham (18th)
(10th) Tranmere v Stevenage (9th)

Of the teams in and around the promotion places, only Stevenage (and us and Carlisle) are playing top-half opposition. I honestly wouldn't expect any of those sides to drop points today, so we could quite easily end the day outside the play-off places.

Last edited:

IndoMike

I know it's a funny old league and you can never predict results with confidence, but I get the feeling that we have to come away from today with something.

Looking at the fixtures today for those in the top 9 (there's a bit of a gap to Tranmere now):
(1st) Lincoln v Northampton (16th)
(14th) Newport County v Mansfield (2nd)
(22nd) Morecambe v Bury (3rd)
(4th) Forest Green v Notts County (24th)
(6th) MK Dons v Swindon (13th)
(8th) Colchester v Cheltenham (18th)
(10th) Tranmere v Stevenage (9th)

Of the teams in and around the promotion places, only Stevenage (and us and Carlisle) are playing top-half opposition. I honestly wouldn't expect any of those sides to drop points today, so we could quite easily end the day outside the play-off places.
If football was that easy to predict we'd all be millionaires. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 3 of the sides you typed in bold did not get max points.

Snoop Fog

Unless Sweeney has movedin to centre half, if thats the case A Martin really has fallen out of favour!