• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well , as long as you’re enjoying it that’s o.k then.
Not just me Banksy, an average of 6,759 others, seemingly. ;)

suffolklad

The Caldwell out group seem to now base their argument on playing what they describe as attractive / entertaining football. Whatever that is? simply because when you describe football in those terms its entirely a subjective argument. For me that's what we are now playing possession based football, Agreed we do need someone who knows where the onion bag is, However results are what brings in crowds not one person who scores 20 a season but we end up being relegated..
Seems to me if your in the out brigade that's where you will always be simply because you tied the flag to the mast and nowt will change your mind.
As Pete Martin points out above crowd numbers speak for themselves.

JGrecian23

The Caldwell out group seem to now base their argument on playing what they describe as attractive / entertaining football. Whatever that is? simply because when you describe football in those terms its entirely a subjective argument. For me that's what we are now playing possession based football, Agreed we do need someone who knows where the onion bag is, However results are what brings in crowds not one person who scores 20 a season but we end up being relegated..
Seems to me if your in the out brigade that's where you will always be simply because you tied the flag to the mast and nowt will change your mind.
You gotta hand it to you. If you're gonna miss the point then do it as spectaculary as you have. Good work!

geoffwp

Cladwell out group? No, I don't think that old vote means much anymore. I voted out during that awful winter run but simply haven't been bothered to change it as imo it's meaningless now.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The points tally needed for safety, has no bearing as to the overall quality of the league. I could argue for example that the top 10 teams in 09/10 were unbelievably good and hence denied the bottom teams any points, proving that the league in 09/10 was really strong. I'd be talking rubbish of course.

I think our current team would beat the Tisdale team from 09/10.
The points tally is reflective of how poor the bottom four are.

Grecian Max

Do you read many posts on here?

Try post #8,500

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The next big Challenge for Caldwell is to sign a striker and a proper one in the summer.

He spoke a lot about getting a striker in January and the one he plumped for hasn’t worked and id be surprised and slightly disappointed if we wanted to sign him permanently.

Sonny is doing alright and hopefully he continues to improve and grow especially as one of our own but we can’t go into a new season with the current attacking options.

Caldwell keeping City up means there is no pressure on his job so in the last 4-5 games i’d like to see us open up a bit and really try and entertain especially at home, if that means playing one less midfielder and one more attacker than so be it.

tavyred

The entertainment for me is in watching professional standard footballers playing effective football that more often not beats the other team. I derive my enjoyment by watching my team win, entertaining football in and of itself is no guarantee of effectiveness and can be a negative. I seem
to remember that Gerry Francis’s disastrous season was characterised by us playing a more expansive game but us getting d1cked most games. 🤷‍♂️

manc grecian

In my search of more goals and shots on target I've decided to purchase a season ticket but at the same time move to Suffolk so I don't see any of our home games....but...wait for it...here's the catch I'm still going to come on here and lord it over all of you poor saps who are actually watching games.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you want to be entertained more than you want to win, then you'll likely find it less entertaining. It's the emotional stake invested in the result that brings the entertainment.