• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

TotnesGrecian

I don’t think he has lost the dressing room. There was desire to do the right thing tonight, no lack of effort from the players, they just have no idea how to put the ball in the net.
I think they will give him the transfer window.
Worst possible outcome giving GC money to spend...

GrecianInWales

Better performance: yes.

Good performance: no

Lack of firepower is painfully obvious.

Had we played like this after 3 losses, I think most of us would be positive that we were about to turn a corner. But in our current malaise, it doesn’t really say much. At least the players looked up for it.

We do have some decent players (Cole, our two Finns, Trevitt) but hard to escape the feeling a better manager would get more out of this side.

Bridgy 81

I suppose the thing is that football is essentially an entertainment industry.
I know football supporters are generally a bit of a strange breed and unless you follow one of the very top teams you’ll have to be prepared to put up with a lot of sub-standard fare, if you plan to last the course.
But, times are hard (and have been for a while), so to go out on a freezing cold evening and spend your hard earned money (and time) on something you anticipate will be dull and disappointing (as it’s often been recently) should never be taken for granted.
What other “entertainment” would receive such commitment and loyalty from its customers/followers?
I know our club often (rightly) commends our supporters but even their benevolence will have its limits.
Supporters of a club, especially one which is actually “owned” by them, clearly should have a voice and deserve the right to express an opinion and have it heard, listened and responded to.
I’m surprised that apart from a couple of bland statements the seriousness of our situation hasn’t been more significantly acknowledged by the club/trust.
We’re constantly being reminded that we’re different but it doesn’t really feel like that at the moment.
In fact there seems to be a vacuum in communication at the very time you’d reasonably expect the exact opposite.
After all without the supporters (us) there isn’t any club anyway.

StudentGrecian

Cannot dispute that results have been appalling hence the pressure for GC to go but who would replace him ?

Lampard or some other journeyman who has been sacked by numerous clubs?
It’s such a tired argument that there’s no one better. The only journeyman manager we went for recently has been Caldwell and it’s shown us it was a big mistake.

There's plenty of up and coming young coaches out there, the board just have to be proactive in finding them. Not sit on there arse and give the job to the person who makes the best PowerPoint.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cannot dispute that results have been appalling hence the pressure for GC to go but who would replace him ?

Lampard or some other journeyman who has been sacked by numerous clubs?
Ah the Tisdale argument. I've missed you

Pmc grecian

Not good enough. Have to be beating poor toothless teams like that at home. That’s 11 league games without a win, absolutely shocking. Didn’t look like scoring for 1 minute of that game, Time to go
how can you comment you weren’t there

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah the Tisdale argument. I've missed you
I mean... with the Tisdale argument, there was at least an argument. You'd be pretty hard pressed to find someone who could match this run. Where is the downside risk?

dontpassback

Well,that was uninspiring,apart from the free kick that hit the post,i can’t recall any positives,other than a clean sheet,and the fact that fleetwood lost again,diabate will never be a striker,the Finnish lad tried hard as did wilschutt,Acheson looked like ho couldn’t do a simple pass,and the confidence seems to have drained away.it was two poor sides,and neither of them had the nous to get a goal or a win.if Caldwell is still here in January he will have to pull some rabbits out of a hat,otherwise we will be back in league two

Djg123

how can you comment you weren’t there
Is this a wind up? Don’t know if you’ve ever heard of ifollow…..

clmgrn

It’s such a tired argument that there’s no one better. The only journeyman manager we went for recently has been Caldwell and it’s shown us it was a big mistake.

There's plenty of up and coming young coaches out there, the board just have to be proactive in finding them. Not sit on there arse and give the job to the person who makes the best PowerPoint.
Because that would require active agency and footballing nous