• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m on my third coffee, perhaps I’ve had too many! 😎
Perhaps I’m not explaining myself properly but if we’re talking (as I am!) about a run of consecutive seasons in it’s totality, GC is hopefully about to give us three in the third tier.
He'll have managed us in three consecutive seasons in League One, and his management will have given us two consecutive seasons in League One if he keeps us up this year. 😎

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
He'll have managed us in three consecutive seasons in League One, and his management will have given us two consecutive seasons in League One if he keeps us up this year. 😎
If we stay up this season, who will be the manager responsible and how many seasons will that be in LG1? 😎

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
This argument reminds me of one I had with my boss once about which day is 7 days after Tuesday.

If Caldwell is responsible for 3 consecutive seasons in league one (if we stay up), that would mean that he was responsible for 1 season in league one the moment he signed his contract, wouldn't it. I'd even argue that he's not even really 'given us' one season in league one yet, given he took over with us top half with a midtable squad that he had nothing to do with compiling.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we stay up this season, who will be the manager responsible and how many seasons will that be in LG1? 😎
Caldwell will be responsible.

If Caldwell keeps us up this season, then leaves in the summer, who will be responsible for us being in League One next season under your logic?

fred binneys head

Favourite Exeweb argument ever.

tavyred

This argument reminds me of one I had with my boss once about which day is 7 days after Tuesday.

If Caldwell is responsible for 3 consecutive seasons in league one (if we stay up), that would mean that he was responsible for 1 season in league one the moment he signed his contract, wouldn't it. I'd even argue that he's not even really 'given us' one season in league one yet, given he took over with us top half with a midtable squad that he had nothing to do with compiling.
If GC takes us down this season, how many seasons have we had in LG1?
I make it two, ergo if GC keeps us up he gives us three.
I’ve made it clear I’m not giving him credit for the promotion, but just to repeat myself he’s clearly responsible for giving us three seasons at this level if he keeps us up.
Caldwell Derangement Syndrome is clearly taking hold on these hallowed boards.

tavyred

Caldwell will be responsible.

If Caldwell keeps us up this season, then leaves in the summer, who will be responsible for us being in League One next season under your logic?
Caldwell you loon! 🤣

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If GC takes us down this season, how many seasons have we had in LG1?
I make it two, ergo if GC keeps us up he gives us three.
I’ve made it clear I’m not giving him credit for the promotion, but just to repeat myself he’s clearly responsible for giving us three seasons at this level if he keeps us up.
Caldwell Derangement Syndrome is clearly taking hold on these hallowed boards.
I think you might be confused between "a third" and "three". Caldwell will be responsible for giving us a third season in league one.

fred binneys head

This is the perfect example of the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object. I just can't see how this is going to be resolved. It's like the Palestinian situation.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't even work out if this is a wind up or not. Remember when Stansfield gave us 5 goals Vs Accrington last season?