• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree up to a point, suffice to say the players and management team do not exist in a vacuum. They are playing/operating in an atmosphere that us as fans are responsible for creating and the 2 dynamics feed off each other.
This is the thing, they are getting a comfortable time of it on the pitch and in the grounds - barely any booing, and when it is - it's right at the end of the game.

If you're talking about online comments, perhaps not winning for 3 months might mean people get frustrated. They need to deal with that pressure, we are small fry anyway...

Memphis09

I can, like I said it's just personal feeling. I'm struggling to connect with this current side, hopefully that'll improve alongside results!
I hope so
It’s a new side a lot of changes in the summer

Radio Free Skaro

This is the thing, they are getting a comfortable time of it on the pitch and in the grounds - barely any booing, and when it is - it's right at the end of the game.

If you're talking about online comments, perhaps not winning for 3 months might mean people get frustrated. They need to deal with that pressure, we are small fry anyway...
Sorry - booing players is not an effective motivational tool. To Be blunt if they've had a shocker, the player concerned knows that as well as you or I do, probably more so.

DB9

Sorry - booing players is not an effective motivational tool. To Be blunt if they've had a shocker, the player concerned knows that as well as you or I do, probably more so.
So how do you think the fans, who've paid good money suppose to vent their frustration? As for the players, Yes they're annoyed if they play crap but they are getting paid to do a job. Players come and go, It's a job to them, Fans are there for life.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
After some of the dross served up this season, people are more than entitled to boo. I normally just leave without saying anything but after another defeat to port vale, I booed. If they want my appreciation, they work for it.

Reactions: DB9

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's the job of our manager to motivate our players. Regardless, Max's point was that our home crowd are very kind in terms of booing, so it's a mute(sic!) point at SJP.

tom_ecfc

Booing is an interesting one. I’m against booing a player in the warm up/pre match, not really sure what that achieves?

But after the game, if the team/a certain player has not pulled their finger out I feel a boo is acceptable. As a footballer you can’t dance around in front of the fans at full time when you win but not take the criticism (in the form of a boo) if you have performed badly.

Would a player want it more in the next game if they played badly and were (happy) clapped off and covered in cotton wool, or booed off knowing that they must improve better?

Short term pain for long term gain.

DB9

It's the job of our manager to motivate our players. Regardless, Max's point was that our home crowd are very kind in terms of booing, so it's a mute(sic!) point at SJP.
Our crowds are pussycats compared to others, If those who moan about a few fans booing at SJP, They'd be beside themselves at a real toxic atmosphere.

andrew p long

Booing is an interesting one. I’m against booing a player in the warm up/pre match, not really sure what that achieves?

But after the game, if the team/a certain player has not pulled their finger out I feel a boo is acceptable. As a footballer you can’t dance around in front of the fans at full time when you win but not take the criticism (in the form of a boo) if you have performed badly.

Would a player want it more in the next game if they played badly and were (happy) clapped off and covered in cotton wool, or booed off knowing that they must improve better?

Short term pain for long term gain.
Booing is a very blunt weapon with likely collateral damage.
I think one of the difficulties with a boo, or booing generally, is that it is unclear to others what or whom it is being directed at. Fans sometime boo the refereeing, the opposition/their time wasting, some of our players not others, the management not the players, the Board not the management etc. The message intended, and the message received, are often very different.

elginCity

Booing is an interesting one.....
Yes, it is, because invariably it accompanies a defeat, an expression of disappointment and/or frustration. Sometimes though, people boo a substitution.

Fair enough if there's a perceived lack of effort and endeavour from an individual, a clear downing of tools, rather than just having a 'bad day at the office'. Think it unfair though if it's before he's even kicked a ball, and is often counterproductive as it affects confidence.