• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Meanwhile, mystery surrounds what has happened to Yeovil manager Mark Cooper. He couldn’t… could he?! 😏

43F76292-2C8A-4DE0-B5D0-7E079EBA192C.png

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Booing is a very blunt weapon with likely collateral damage.
I think one of the difficulties with a boo, or booing generally, is that it is unclear to others what or whom it is being directed at. Fans sometime boo the refereeing, the opposition/their time wasting, some of our players not others, the management not the players, the Board not the management etc. The message intended, and the message received, are often very different.
Ain't it obvious when at the end of a match where we've been defeated and played poorly, You know exactly where the booing is aimed at? It's part of football, Accept it, If the players are so precious then play better, Also as I said it's a job, If at the end of the season and we were to go down, Do you think some players will still be around? Nope they'll be off and then show another teams fan how much they love them

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
How are we so sure all the fans have worked hard for the money they've spent on tickets? Surely there must be some, by the law of averages, who've dialled it in, half-arsed, for years and are stealing a living. The ones who are on Exeweb a lot are especially suspect.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think it unfair though if it's before he's even kicked a ball, and is often counterproductive as it affects confidence.
If it's as a player arrives off the bench, it tends to be based on balls being kicked (or a failure to kick those balls) in previous games. I don't think I've witnessed a player being booed with absolutely no period on the pitch before... Unless the booing is aimed at the manager for taking a good player off

tom_ecfc

Booing is a very blunt weapon with likely collateral damage.
I think one of the difficulties with a boo, or booing generally, is that it is unclear to others what or whom it is being directed at. Fans sometime boo the refereeing, the opposition/their time wasting, some of our players not others, the management not the players, the Board not the management etc. The message intended, and the message received, are often very different.
I understand where you’re coming from, but most of the time it’s pretty obvious in most people eyes/ears that the booing is directed at a certain thing that has happened. Like you say, if a player is time wasting at a throw in and you can hear boo’s, that is obviously fans booing for time wasting. Same with a poor ref decision etc. Booing after 1 defeat in 10 games is a bit odd mind. But if you haven’t won in 13 games, only had 1 shot on target the boo’s at the end of the game can only be about the frustration of that performance/result (again). I would say 99% of the time if you witnessed an incident from a football match and the fans were booing, you would know why they were booing.

andrew p long

Ain't it obvious when at the end of a match where we've been defeated and played poorly, You know exactly where the booing is aimed at? It's part of football, Accept it, If the players are so precious then play better, Also as I said it's a job, If at the end of the season and we were to go down, Do you think some players will still be around? Nope they'll be off and then show another teams fan how much they love them
Nope. Some people say their booing after a recent City game is targeted at the management , not the players.

DB9

Nope. Some people say their booing after a game is targeted at the management , not the players.
I probably should of said its a combined thing, Whether it's the manger or players being booed at, Again tough, Play better and not go 3 months without a win. They're all grown ups.

elginCity

If it's as a player arrives off the bench, it tends to be based on balls being kicked (or a failure to kick those balls) in previous games. I don't think I've witnessed a player being booed with absolutely no period on the pitch before... Unless the booing is aimed at the manager for taking a good player off
Did the team come out v Wycombe to a crescendo of boos based on previous games ? No, and neither should a substitute get it coming off the bench.

No issue with a manager being booed for taking a good player off for tactical reasons, not always apparent to the fans. Usually obvious who it's being directed at, and no damage done.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Meanwhile, mystery surrounds what has happened to Yeovil manager Mark Cooper. He couldn’t… could he?! 😏

View attachment 14318
Note the words "staff team" in the tweet!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did the team come out v Wycombe to a crescendo of boos based on previous games ? No, and neither should a substitute get it coming off the bench.

No issue with a manager being booed for taking a good player off for tactical reasons, not always apparent to the fans. Usually obvious who it's being directed at, and no damage done.
But who cares about everyone's code of booing conduct? I'm just saying they haven't "not kicked a ball". If it's Scott, he's been appalling for a calendar year. I personally never boo anything unless it's at a pantomime, or part of some light-hearted pantomime football fun. Find it a very odd way to express genuine feelings.