• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boateng signs for MK Dons

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
My opinion that he didn't work hard enough had nothing to do with his running style, if you genuinely think he was a player who put a shift in week in week out you are totally deluded, he clearly didn't, compare his work ethic to players like Law and Lee Martin, there is no comparison.
Some players are there to work and others to provide that something extra and for those you give a little licence to. Hiram started last season well for us. His hip injury curtailed that form. Would it continue through the rest of the season had he not been injured?We'll never know. As I said earlier, some players will shine better at a higher level because they don't have to deal with the hustle and bustle of League 2 football. I think Hiram is one of those. There have been players who have come down and you think to yourself, 'great signing' but they can't deal with being shut down and kicked up in the air at almost every turn. Fortunately for us, we have players like Law and Martin who can do both.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hiram started last season well for us. His hip injury curtailed that form. Would it continue through the rest of the season had he not been injured?We'll never know.
Agree with this. Before the injury Hiram was starting to play really well and had set up more goals than anyone else in League 2. When he came back into the team he just didn't look the same player and, with the emergence of Martin and Collins, it just doesn't feel like he's that big a loss.

jrg333

Before the injury Hiram was starting to play really well and had set up more goals than anyone else in League 2.
Well as long as Mk Dons buy Jayden Stockey as well they should have no trouble scoring next season!

End of the day, despite his obvious talent and technique, Boateng never looked like he wanted to be here. Seemed to me like he had too much ego to want to do any hard running or tackling. One of those modern types of players who would rather shirk a challenge than make it and risk being embarrassed. Even during warmups, Hiram looked like he was playing 'within himself' and holding something back. Maybe his attitude will improve at MK Dons but I suspect, being back closer to London, he won't recognise what he needs to do differently until it's too late in his career.

No hate for the guy, no sadness over losing him though either.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even during warmups, Hiram looked like he was playing 'within himself' and holding something back.
Probably quite sensible for a warm up.

Positive spin

Didn't he injure his hip during a warm up ?

Grecian68

Has been deleted since - but it has been sent to the club via Twitter...
See that one of the culprits has a group picture of the red legion as his profile picture.

iscalad

See that one of the culprits has a group picture of the red legion as his profile picture.
And that proves what exactly?

DB9

I have never seen such disgusting comments about a player signing for another team, Ok it's MK but no way these animals should be near a lap top or smartphone, I don't have Twitter but a friend screenshot a page with some nasty comments, In fact more than nasty just plain evil, Big tough guys behind a keyboard. At least on here people are more constructive in their comments and don't reduce things to gutter level

jrg333

I was trying to be diplomatic. By 'playing within himself even during a warm-up' I meant 'he didn't look like he gave a toss about making any effort, being part of a team, interacting with fans, or inspiring his teammates or youth players.'

He walked around with an air of lazy arrogance, which was not really justified, and sends a terrible message to teammates and fans alike. I think we'll be far better off when we git rid of characters like Boateng and Croll from the squad. They both seem to care more about their 'image' than, y'know, actually performing well on the pitch. Talented footballers, no doubt, but not the type of characters who you can rely on when the chips are down. As we've seen with the signing of Nicky Law, we can do better.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was trying to be diplomatic. By 'playing within himself even during a warm-up' I meant 'he didn't look like he gave a toss about making any effort, being part of a team, interacting with fans, or inspiring his teammates or youth players.'

He walked around with an air of lazy arrogance, which was not really justified, and sends a terrible message to teammates and fans alike. I think we'll be far better off when we git rid of characters like Boateng and Croll from the squad. They both seem to care more about their 'image' than, y'know, actually performing well on the pitch. Talented footballers, no doubt, but not the type of characters who you can rely on when the chips are down. As we've seen with the signing of Nicky Law, we can do better.
Bang on the money.

If as an attacking midfielder Boateng was banging in 10 goals a season and creating plenty for others I could comfortably cut him a bit of slack, 3 goals in two seasons certainly didn't justify the view that many seemed to have about him. From the period Boateng was back in around February his contribution was minimal yet he was often keeping out a player like Matt Jay (who isn't a league 2 superstar by any means) who was actually contributing with performances and goals.

We are better off without him, for me he was a complication rather than a huge asset.

Last edited: