• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boateng signs for MK Dons

budegrecian

Just seen Boateng’s first interview at MK and he said he’d been waiting “a few weeks” to get the move sorted. Sounds like he’d already made up his mind he was going to MK as soon as our season ended.
My guess is that he made his mind up some time before that.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed. It also annoys me when people say Matt Jay would be a better player in a higher division because he's technically gifted. It's utter bullocks, if a player is good they will shine even more at a lower level as those around them are not so and therefore they stand out more.
As Tisdale was the person that first stated that dubious commendation I find it hard to believe that he's gone for Boateng rather than Jay!

I'm afraid that we will always have these two dimensional fans that just want to see players running about and not observe how players with the ability to stroll through games can often have more vision and ability than the blood and snotters type players that fart and sweat their way through the ninety minutes.

Anyone remember John Robertson, some might say the laziest most unfit player of all time and yet he played a huge part in Forests European cup winning teams with his superb timing and delivery, that's all that was expected of him. No fool was Brian Clough.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm afraid that we will always have these two dimensional fans that just want to see players running about and not observe how players with the ability to stroll through games can often have more vision and ability than the blood and snotters type players that fart and sweat their way through the ninety minutes.
What a load of tosh.

It's all well and good prancing around if you deliver the goods on a regular basis. Boateng didn't.

The vast majority of top class players work hard, that is a basic requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
According to Matt Taylor the fee is likely to be quite minimal, due to the short time he was with us. They are negotiating a fee with MK Dons, in the hope of avoiding a tribunal.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone remember John Robertson, some might say the laziest most unfit player of all time and yet he played a huge part in Forests European cup winning teams with his superb timing and delivery, that's all that was expected of him. No fool was Brian Clough.
As a student I played in a game with a seriously unfit and nearly 50 years old George Willis (ex-ECFC, Argyle and Brighton). He just stood in front of the defence, read the game, hardly moved more than 3 paces at a time, and made all us fit and reasonably OK 20-year-olds look like fools.

Just sayin' like.

iscalad

As a student I played in a game with a seriously unfit and nearly 50 years old George Willis (ex-ECFC, Argyle and Brighton). He just stood in front of the defence, read the game, hardly moved more than 3 paces at a time, and made all us fit and reasonably OK 20-year-olds look like fools.

Just sayin' like.
[/QUOT

Is this the George Willis who came from Wolves?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

Yes.

After retiring as a player he ran the Ram then the Ewe Bar at the Uni for more years than I can remember. I worked for him at the Ewe part-time for 6 years. He died a few years ago. His son Roy still comes to City games regularly; I remember taking Roy who still has an affinity with Wolves to see a game there (v. Leeds) when he was a teenager, a grand day out as they say but like most PL grounds the stadium was very different in those days.

exeter-loyal

Hiram was the sort of player who could read a game and could produce moments of class, it's a shame he didn't produce more of those moments of class. He was quality up until his injury last season and I think when he went out we didn't win a game in seven or eight. He could play higher than League Two it's just a shame it's with MK.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Just sayin' like.

Likewise, as a young'un, I was assigned the job of marking Dermot Curtis in one of his appearances for Elmore. Made me look a right muggins.

iscalad

Yes.

After retiring as a player he ran the Ram then the Ewe Bar at the Uni for more years than I can remember. I worked for him at the Ewe part-time for 6 years. He died a few years ago. His son Roy still comes to City games regularly; I remember taking Roy who still has an affinity with Wolves to see a game there (v. Leeds) when he was a teenager, a grand day out as they say but like most PL grounds the stadium was very different in those days.
I worked in the Ram and knew him and his wife quite well.