• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Actually think that's slightly unfair on Cummins, he was half decent.
My thoughts too.

Anyway, anyone who can take down the mighty Smaug is welcome in my book. Bring on the Bowman.

Stelios

I’ll stick my neck out and say he will be a hit. Not of Stockley proportions, naturally, but I think he will do well for us. Sounds like he did pretty well last season at Motherwell and has a good record in the league below. It may take him a few games to get going but he’ll be decent IMO.
I agree. None of his previous club's fans seem to have doubted his effort/desire. He has a decent record in the league below. He's a good age (just 27?). We also have some fantastic crossers (Holmes, Law etc). I'm hoping he can link with Forte better than Stockley too. We shall see.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
My thoughts too.

Anyway, anyone who can take down the mighty Smaug is welcome in my book. Bring on the Bowman.
I like it. Bard the Bowman. Must be a chant there.

Stelios

So pleased to see Ryan get his first goal(s). Martin set the 1st up perfectly and a great finish for the 2nd. Our form has not been great since he signed but I don't think it's fair to blame him. I think he will come good for us. I think with better service he will score goals. Seems quite a 'generous' player and not a head-down merchant.

scottus86

So pleased to see Ryan get his first goal(s). Martin set the 1st up perfectly and a great finish for the 2nd. Our form has not been great since he signed but I don't think it's fair to blame him. I think he will come good for us. I think with better service he will score goals. Seems quite a 'generous' player and not a head-down merchant.
I agree, he had missed a few good chances but the service into him has been pretty poor. Good that he has got going though and hopefully he can get 4 or 5 more in the next 5 games. He has been harshly criticised on here and facebook. He works hard and helps keep the ball in the oppositions half, his goals had been lacking but he took that second goal very well. He also hit the bar on his debut and has come close in other games. I think he needed this time to settle in and now that he knows our players and he knows them, they might start clicking a bit better.

STURTZ

Along with Law and the loan of Kane Wilson Matt Taylor's best signing, the rest have been disappointing for various reasons.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He’s the perfect 2nd striker - work rate , graft and willing to close down full backs and make space for others....

We need a proper striker to play alongside him

Banksy

He’s the perfect 2nd striker - work rate , graft and willing to close down full backs and make space for others....

Who would fit your bill for that role assuming we could afford him?

manc grecian

Would someone like Padraig Amond be out of our price range?

sidney

Correct. Bowman is a very useful centre forward, who works very hard, holds the ball up well, and competes very effectively in the air. I think good coaching can improve his work in the box so that his goals contribution can improve. But it doesn't always follow that your big No.9 is top goalscorer. The clear need is for a classic, nippy goal-scoring inside right to feed off the Bowman contribution. Who wouldn't want to play up front alongside Bowman?