• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

Terryhall

It's called making a judgement / prediction.
So what you meant to say is, you don't think he will, but you don't know any more than Snoop Fog did, and he might also be correct.

As I said I hope you're right but you can't state as a fact that Snoop Fog was wrong as you did in your post, because none of us know how it'll turn out.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jesus, I didn't know I had to put imho or I think in front of every opinion I have on things that haven't already happened.

Clearly everything I post is my opinion, I may be proved right, I may be proved wrong, it's as simple as that.

Bittners a Legend

Taylor's signings certainly feel very different to a lot of those Tisdale made - eg: Taylor is signing players in their mid-to-late 20s who should be in the prime of their footballing lives and capable of delivering now. He is then drip-feeding young players around them such as Collins, Hartridge. It is not guaranteed to succeed but it makes me feel very optimistic because it is exactly the way we should be trying to be run as a football club that wants to both develop young talent for profit, to survive, and achieve success and entertainment on the pitch. We are just so much less lethargic and that alone is a breath of fresh air. Bowman seems to fit the mould described above.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taylor's signings certainly feel very different to a lot of those Tisdale made - eg: Taylor is signing players in their mid-to-late 20s who should be in the prime of their footballing lives and capable of delivering now. He is then drip-feeding young players around them such as Collins, Hartridge. It is not guaranteed to succeed but it makes me feel very optimistic because it is exactly the way we should be trying to be run as a football club that wants to both develop young talent for profit, to survive, and achieve success and entertainment on the pitch. We are just so much less lethargic and that alone is a breath of fresh air. Bowman seems to fit the mould described above.
Agree with that. In addition, it's clear that Taylor is very determined, focused, pro-active, not p/ss arsing around in the fashion business and overall very dedicated to the cause. He seems very well-organized, too.

dontpassback

Agree with that. In addition, it's clear that Taylor is very determined, focused, pro-active, not p/ss arsing around in the fashion business and overall very dedicated to the cause. He seems very well-organized, too.
Agree,there isn’t a side show with matt Taylor,whereas with Tisdale it was all about the clothes he wore and the ted baker bollox ,and in his after match interviews Matt Taylor speaks about a match which I can actually relate to as opposed to Tisdales non comitted waffle !!

Copernicus

My concern is he'll be the next Parkin, Cummins, Simpson
Hmmm, now who was the last ex-Hereford striker we signed that always put in a shift? :)[G]

Grecian Max

My concern is he'll be the next Parkin, Cummins, Simpson
Actually think that's slightly unfair on Cummins, he was half decent.

Grecian Max

So what you meant to say is, you don't think he will, but you don't know any more than Snoop Fog did, and he might also be correct.

As I said I hope you're right but you can't state as a fact that Snoop Fog was wrong as you did in your post, because none of us know how it'll turn out.
For me, this post sums up exeweb discussions.....

ryancooper327

Anyone know what number he'll take up? Presumably 11

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ll stick my neck out and say he will be a hit. Not of Stockley proportions, naturally, but I think he will do well for us. Sounds like he did pretty well last season at Motherwell and has a good record in the league below. It may take him a few games to get going but he’ll be decent IMO.