• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Zak Jules

Red red

Welcome Zack....a team doesn’t get relegated for 1 player.
Everyone on here said we want a player used to league 1 here he is
Getting really fed up with all the negativity
Taylor gone and so has most of his team
Welcome to Exeter City this has happened nearly every year and will happen when GC leaves
I am still here Still supporting ECFC that is what it is about
So again welcome Zak hope you do well.

dontpassback

Looks like a big unit,and has experience of league one,so I think he will be a good addition

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't Tim Dieng arrive with a couple of relegations on his CV ?
I wasn‘t meaning to be negative. As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m very positive about the overwheming majority of Gary’s signings and think that even one or two of those that haven’t worked out, eg Joe White, had some merit and were worth a punt. Zak’s signing is no exception - my point wasn’t that he couldn’t be any good because MK Dons got relegated, but that even very good players, such as Ethan, and touch wood Zak, can’t single-handedly transform a defence.

CraigECFC

Looks like he can score a few from set pieces too. This is something we were particularly poor at last year. Never felt we had anyone who could attack corners. With our style of play I’m sure we are up there in the amount we get per game.

*edit* just checked and we were second in corners per game. Knowing the analysis GC and his team does this was probably something he’s addressing.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like he can score a few from set pieces too. This is something we were particularly poor at last year. Never felt we had anyone who could attack corners. With our style of play I’m sure we are up there in the amount we get per game.
Yup - we have really missed Stubbsy's threat

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Welcome Zak, looking forward to seeing you play!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased with this signing notably as left footed players are much harder to find. the issue about the fee for me is really a non story. He was still under contract so some sort of fee would be needed as I couldn't see MK tearing up his contract. The fee would in all liklihood be comparable with the loan fees we will be paying for all our loanees which look on the face of it "terrible business" as we are paying for a one year contract for loans as well. To clarify that last line is irony :)

milts

Wearing no. 3

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Finally written up!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absolutely chuffed to bits to see him fielded at left wing back (all the talk in this thread was about him being a centre back). Our midfield was a bit light weight and not very tall. He helps cure that.

Also with him as LWB Harper can be used as cover for Rankine at RWB.

Plus of course he is the 5th centre back and the LCB cover for Hartridge.

Seems like he helps solve problems in 3 positions. A really useful signing (perhaps even good enough to justify a small fee? ;) )