Youth 2020/21

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster

Exehausted

thanks. I couldn’t see a team line up, but note that 15 year old Sonny Cox scored for the U18s. Bodes well.
I have no inside info but I have a horrible feeling that Sonny might be another like Jay Stansfield and Ben Crisene. He's been pushed towards the first team in pre season and it makes me wonder if it was a move so that we can negotiate a decent transfer/tribunal fee if he doesn't sign for us at 16. I really hope I'm wrong.

Martin Lawrence

I have no inside info but I have a horrible feeling that Sonny might be another like Jay Stansfield and Ben Crisene. He's been pushed towards the first team in pre season and it makes me wonder if it was a move so that we can negotiate a decent transfer/tribunal fee if he doesn't sign for us at 16. I really hope I'm wrong.
Yep I suspect so. I am expecting him to feature in the EFL trophy games at some point for this very reason.

MerleyRed

It was announced around March time that we had signed Charlie Hanson, a young striker from Charlton. Is he playing for the U18's ?

Rosencrantz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was announced around March time that we had signed Charlie Hanson, a young striker from Charlton. Is he playing for the U18's ?
I'm sure saw his name mentioned in a report the other day although I can't find it now.