• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2020/21

Maxi08

Good 3-0 win against Swansea away yesterday for the U18's last pre-season friendlyđź‘Ť

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Match report

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The U18s season has started! We had a free weekend on Saturday, but we start on Saturday at home to Yeovil Town

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Match report

thanks. I couldn’t see a team line up, but note that 15 year old Sonny Cox scored for the U18s. Bodes well.

Maxi08

Ye
thanks. I couldn’t see a team line up, but note that 15 year old Sonny Cox scored for the U18s. Bodes well.
Yep and 15 year old Harry Lee made a couple of good saves! Bodes very well for the club đź‘Ť

andrew p long

Ye
Yep and 15 year old Harry Lee made a couple of good saves! Bodes very well for the club đź‘Ť
Oh yes, I noticed the write up, which sounded positive re the keeper but didn’t know that he too is 15.

Exehausted

I have no inside info but I have a horrible feeling that Sonny might be another like Jay Stansfield and Ben Crisene. He's been pushed towards the first team in pre season and it makes me wonder if it was a move so that we can negotiate a decent transfer/tribunal fee if he doesn't sign for us at 16. I really hope I'm wrong.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have no inside info but I have a horrible feeling that Sonny might be another like Jay Stansfield and Ben Crisene. He's been pushed towards the first team in pre season and it makes me wonder if it was a move so that we can negotiate a decent transfer/tribunal fee if he doesn't sign for us at 16. I really hope I'm wrong.
Yep I suspect so. I am expecting him to feature in the EFL trophy games at some point for this very reason.

MerleyRed

It was announced around March time that we had signed Charlie Hanson, a young striker from Charlton. Is he playing for the U18's ?

Rosencrantz

It was announced around March time that we had signed Charlie Hanson, a young striker from Charlton. Is he playing for the U18's ?
I'm sure saw his name mentioned in a report the other day although I can't find it now.