• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
What you say is generally true and probably will be this season - however where I disagree is that I can see our tally improving as indeed I feel it has been. I suppose that depending on your outlook you could either see 9 from 15 or 3 from 3.

I wouldn't exactly say we have turned the corner but there are signs we are doing so. Which recent league games do you believe we should have won? Carlisle maybe but aside from that they have all been decent results.
It's not about if we should or shouldn't win, Phil, it's about having to win. But, to answer your question, if we want to avoid relegation we have to believe we can beat the bottom team, home or away. But believing doesn't get you the 3 points. I just can't see how the team can improve very much without one or two very good signings, and we know we don't have the money for that.

It's not about if we should or shouldn't win, Phil, it's about having to win. But, to answer your question, if we want to avoid relegation we have to believe we can beat the bottom team, home or away. But believing doesn't get you the 3 points. I just can't see how the team can improve very much without one or two very good signings, and we know we don't have the money for that.
Haven' t we already improved with one or two very good signings ? i.e. Taylor and Oakley. But I take your point.

Ecfc_4_Life

Bad Car accident in somerset..

City coaches have had to take diversions..

IndoMike

Haven' t we already improved with one or two very good signings ? i.e. Taylor and Oakley. But I take your point.
I take your point, too, but if we have to rely on loan signings who will come and go and can be hit or miss then it doesn't fill me with confidence. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but the table doesn't lie, and we're getting boxed in a bit.

andrew p long

ordinarily we'd hope/expect to win this one.

But our bench shows how threadbare the squad is; a keeper,Logie and 3 kids with a total of 2 (?) previous league starts between them.

Last edited:
poor performance second half today we were lucky to come away with the draw

flakey pasty

Just got back .....
.. Pick of the City players - Troy, Artur and Golbourn and Tully
... Two poor goals which we conceded -asleep for the first and goalbourn left his post (literally) for the second
..... Our penalty should never have been given, however we should have been given one minutes later when Sercs was shoved in the back
..... Strange lack of atmosphere at our end if compared with the sieges at Charlton and Walsall.

dommers

It's not about if we should or shouldn't win, Phil, it's about having to win.
Which of the games so far this season did we have to win to stay up? I wasn't aware the season was decided in November.

flakey pasty

Just got back .....
.. Pick of the City players - Troy, Artur and Golbourn and Tully
... Two poor goals which we conceded -asleep for the first and goalbourn left his post (literally) for the second
..... Our penalty should never have been given, however we should have been given one minutes later when Sercs was shoved in the back
..... Strange lack of atmosphere at our end if compared with the sieges at Charlton and Walsall.
Oh, and Taylor took his goal really well.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That must be the quickest I've got home from Yeovil!

2-2 is a fair result. 2 teams at the bottom of League 1. Did worry that it might be a 6-6 draw given the opening minutes. Need Oakley and Nards back.