• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to Prince Andrew's lawyer, His accuser maybe suffering from "False memories" 🙄

Oldsmobile-88

B9D4B763-6037-407A-B3A6-665DDF09AD77.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

Ginge now launching legal action against the UK Government (over protection plans and policy).

What a twonk!

Alistair20000

Ginge now launching legal action against the UK Government (over protection plans and policy).

What a twonk!
In fairness PH is prepared to pay the costs but I am not sure private citizens have a right to buy police and security services time and expertise.

angelic upstart

In fairness PH is prepared to pay the costs but I am not sure private citizens have a right to buy police and security services time and expertise.
They do, and have, assuming you're a sleb. Kate Moss has done it previously.

tavyred

Apparently PH is irked because he feels as someone who was born into royalty and consequently had no choice as to whether he is at risk or not, the decision to strip him of a taxpayer funded security detail was unreasonable. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the court decided to make the taxpayer fund his security here and in the US.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently PH is irked because he feels as someone who was born into royalty and consequently had no choice as to whether he is at risk or not, the decision to strip him of a taxpayer funded security detail was unreasonable. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the court decided to make the taxpayer fund his security here and in the US.
No, he's saying the decision to not allow him to pay for police protection is unreasonable. He has very clearly stated he doesn't think the taxpayer should pay for it.

STURTZ

Mere detail!

How dare you fly in the face of the outraged and incandescant masses? :mad:

Mr Jinx

So I hear he's coming out all guns blazing and wanting it to go to Jury trial.

I'm not sure that's wise, although I'm sure he's been getting top legal advice. He must be fancying his chances.

So she doesn't get a payout (at this juncture), and I expect her wanting it to go to Jury too as she does seem to like the limelight.

Popcorn time!

DB9

So I hear he's coming out all guns blazing and wanting it to go to Jury trial.

I'm not sure that's wise, although I'm sure he's been getting top legal advice. He must be fancying his chances.

So she doesn't get a payout (at this juncture), and I expect her wanting it to go to Jury too as she does seem to like the limelight.

Popcorn time!
Listening to a US lawyer he said that this is a tactic to try and get the case thrown out and is quite common and rarely gets granted.