• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup starting XI

Bittners a Legend

Hart
Johnson Jagielka Cahill Baines
Gerrard Henderson
Milner Ox Lallana
Rooney

Sturridge misses so many opportunities it is unreal. You can get away with it when you're getting 8 a game at Liverpool but doubt the Italians will be quite so generous. I find it baffling the way this country is so keen to attack it's best players...and Wayne Rooney is most definitely one of our best players.

Barkley is so raw and utterly inconsistent. If you promise not to complain when England get knocked out of the group stage then you could argue starting him but it's a pretty big gamble to start the kid.

Sterling off the bench in the final 30 minutes is a tantalising prospect but Milner is a far better player than most give him credit for and is intelligent enough to protect Johnson better than anybody else.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hart
Johnson Jagielka Cahill Baines
Gerrard Henderson
Milner Ox Lallana
Rooney

Sturridge misses so many opportunities it is unreal. You can get away with it when you're getting 8 a game at Liverpool but doubt the Italians will be quite so generous. I find it baffling the way this country is so keen to attack it's best players...and Wayne Rooney is most definitely one of our best players.

Barkley is so raw and utterly inconsistent. If you promise not to complain when England get knocked out of the group stage then you could argue starting him but it's a pretty big gamble to start the kid.

Sterling off the bench in the final 30 minutes is a tantalising prospect but Milner is a far better player than most give him credit for and is intelligent enough to protect Johnson better than anybody else.
Bloody hell Bitts, I think you need to stick to posting about financial matters :) that team would bore the arse off the country. You have been brainwashed by watching too much Tisdale crap!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I would after watching the warm up games go with

Hart

Johnson
Jageilka
Cahill
Baines

Gerrard
Henderson

Sterling
Barkley
Lallana

Sturridge

Id leave Rooney out - I think he really struggles with the heat and has lost his sharpness/hunger which used to make him stand out -