• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Women's World Cup 2023

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excellent result for New Zealand. First win ever in the WC proper. Great team goal it was too.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure about the referee making the announcement over the stadium speakers on their VAR decisions.

Decent enough game though.

Avening Posse

A bit niggly in the first half in the Oz vs Ireland game. Some good play as well though. Sullivan for Ireland best player on the park for me so far

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A lot of penalties and a lot missed. And a lot retaken!

Avening Posse

A bit annoyed the England games are on Optus rather than normal TV down under for the group stages

grecIAN Harris

England are really poor. I know many of you will be saying this is through my dinosour eyes but if the men played as poorly as this they would be absolutely pilloried for it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
England are really poor. I know many of you will saying this through my dinosour eyes but if the men played as poorly as this they would be absolutely pilloried for it.
It's frustrating to watch.

iscalad

TBF a lot of the Haitian players play in France for decent teams. Not the pushover some more amateur teams will be.

grecIAN Harris

It's frustrating to watch.
I bet if that was the mens side playing you wouldn't be quite so polite........

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
England are really poor. I know many of you will be saying this is through my dinosour eyes but if the men played as poorly as this they would be absolutely pilloried for it.
Was just thinking exactly the same thing. Be interesting to see whether the media rip into them like they would the men. Dreadful watch.