• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Today's Game Be The Hottest Match That Exeter City Have Ever Played In?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
The very first game of our non league 'adventure' on the 9th August 2003 was undoubtedly hotter. Elsewhere, Faversham in Kent recorded what was at the time the hottest ever temperature in the UK of 38 degrees. I was in the OG and it was a bit moist.

Flackie scored for us.

arthur

The very first game of our non league 'adventure' on the 9th August 2003 was undoubtedly hotter. Elsewhere, Faversham in Kent recorded what was at the time the hottest ever temperature in the UK of 38 degrees. I was in the OG and it was a bit moist.

Flackie scored for us.
I remember that and being amazed that the players were still running energetically in the 90th minute. Can't remember who it was against though!

fred binneys head

Halifax

manc grecian

Needed it to Rainer Moor that day

JJ red&white

Cambridge away to start last year was unbelievably hot, pretty sure it topped 30c! Thankfully the away end was in the shade!

grecIAN Harris

My game was wetter than your game! 😉🤣
Do you wanna bet?? :LOL:

tom_ecfc

Do you wanna bet?? :LOL:
Ahh watching that video I can only say…yep that was wetter! 💦💦💦

arthur

Ahh watching that video I can only say…yep that was wetter! 💦💦💦
I seem to remember one Exewebber took all his clothes off and drove home naked with the car heater on full. Also the scene of Jason's finest chant...

Bridgy 81

It was pretty hot in Barnsley last season and that was the second week of October!

Rosencrantz

I seem to remember one Exewebber took all his clothes off and drove home naked with the car heater on full. Also the scene of Jason's finest chant...
I didn't have to go that far thankfully but was glad I parked in the train station's underground car park to find some kind of layer of dryish clothes to drive home in. It did mean bare feet with the socks on the heating for the first part of the drive. There was only one part of the pitch anywhere near playable in the second half and that was about a one metre wide strip down the left touchline.