• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Today's Game Be The Hottest Match That Exeter City Have Ever Played In?

Radio Free Skaro

With temperatures set to peak in excess of 27C between 3 and 5 om today, will this be the highest ever temperatures recorded for a competitive fixture at SJP or that the Grecians have played in?

I am not including pre-season friendlies, although playing against or in Brazil in 1914/2004/2013 and Tivvy away 91 were undoubtedly scorchers..

Over to you Exeweb and Dr Dave & perhaps Radio Devon could organize an online poll!!!

tom_ecfc

With temperatures set to peak in excess of 27C between 3 and 5 om today, will this be the highest ever temperatures recorded for a competitive fixture at SJP or that the Grecians have played in?

I am not including pre-season friendlies, although playing against or in Brazil in 1914/2004/2013 and Tivvy away 91 were undoubtedly scorchers..

Over to you Exeweb and Dr Dave & perhaps Radio Devon could organize an online poll!!!
Unfortunately we don’t have that data on the Grecian Archive 🥵🔥☀🤣

Radio Free Skaro

Unfortunately we don’t have that data on the Grecian Archive 🥵🔥☀🤣
Why ever not?!

citylad60

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I could imagine that the heat on the Brazil tour way back when might have some kind of influence on that question.

Radio Free Skaro

I could imagine that the heat on the Brazil tour way back when might have some kind of influence on that question.
As much as we might like it to be true it was a friendly not a competitive match! please see opening post - If you count PSF many of them are played in July & August many will be played in hot sometimes very hot weather, they don't count!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
As much as we might like it to be true it was a friendly not a competitive match! please see opening post - If you count PSF many of them are played in July & August many will be played in hot sometimes very hot weather, they don't count!
I can't remember many, if any, pre-season friendlies being hotter because they're generally played in the evenings.

citylad60

I remember city v aldershot 76/77 was fairly warm, but what about the wettest, windiest , snowiest and foggiest just for a bit of balance 🤔

tom_ecfc

Why ever not?!
Too hot! 😉

tom_ecfc

I remember city v aldershot 76/77 was fairly warm, but what about the wettest, windiest , snowiest and foggiest just for a bit of balance 🤔
Well the wettest would have been the game vs FGR’s that got postponed at half time?