• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Hoskins

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was worth the gamble in my view, he certainly was class before the injuries. Sometimes these things don't pay off, but you never know, he might turn out to be really useful after Xmas. Let's not forget we would have been in for others that for whatever reason, money, geography, offers at a higher level etc didn't come off

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
No doubting he was very good earlier in his career, his current injury situation doesn't fill me with confidence that he can recover. We can't really judge very well without knowing how much we are paying him. If he doesn't recover it will have been a waste of resources but may have been a reasonable gamble if it was a cheap deal.

I just hope the medical staff have satisfied themselves he has a reasonable chance of recovering from any existing condition or has already done so.

Grecian Max

What's his injury status? Still think he could be very good for us.

Red Bill

David Wheeler came to our meeting last night and his comments about Hoskins, i.e. that he sees things and reads things during the game that none of the others see and that his finishing in training has been unbelievable and a different class, have certainly strengthened my feeling that he's still worth the gamble (mind you I remember a player saying that about Bauzza too!).

Of course it depends on what sort of deal he's on but with his injury record I would imagine he'd have been willing to take a deal that made his signing a manageable risk for us.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it a back injury? If I remember correct he had a back spasm during the warm up about 6 weeks ago. Surely he's over that now......

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I reported this pre-season

he was injured last September in a game against Southend, where he tore a tendon in his groin, with an MRI showing an “avulsion of his adductor tendon”

rp42

Is it a back injury? If I remember correct he had a back spasm during the warm up about 6 weeks ago. Surely he's over that now......
Been 10 weeks i think it was at the Newport game?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't it at Portsmouth?

EDIT: Actually I think he came on at Portsmouth, so was the complete inverse!

Last edited:

LOG

Been 10 weeks i think it was at the Newport game?
He was named in the starting XI ahead of Big Clint, IIRC, then vanished. Not quite 10 weeks, mind.

Last edited:

ECFC Music

Hoskins came on first match which was plainly too early in fitness terms.

I'm happy to give it a bit longer though as if we can get him fit he'll be way better than anyone else we could afford. So still worth the gamble.
How do you know it was too early ? Speculation like this often becomes misinformed fact. Yes as he is on our books he has to be given a chance to recover.