• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who On Earth is there who could replace Paul Tisdale Should He Decide To Leave?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've heard whispers that if Tisdale does leave Tagg will take over the role of manager for the 2018 - 2019 campaign.
Don't be naughty.

IndoMike

And in my day to day life talking with City fans and the neutral fans who know I support City I would says its 60/40 for him to stay with us.
100% of me wants him to leave.

andrew p long

It’s obvious who should get appointed. There’s loads of posters on here who say they could have picked a better team for Monday.it should be one of them. Simples.

Grecian Max

It’s obvious who should get appointed. There’s loads of posters on here who say they could have picked a better team for Monday.it should be one of them. Simples.
Tbf, I could match Tisdale on one thing - acting the c*n7

Ash

I'm gonna disagree with this - I have spoken (and know) to very different demographics of City fans, and most are just fed up with the guy. Obviously I can't prove my sample (!) is more diverse than yours, but I honestly think you're looking at 60/40 who want him gone.
I'm pretty sure that's not right. I'm a 50/50 seller at every home.game so I talk to loads of people. While there are some who want him gone, most support him. 20 months or so ago, your split may have been right but not anymore. For purely footballing reasons I want him to stay. We were awful for quite a while and he would have been sacked at any other club. I did think it was time he left myself however he has completely turned it around on the pitch. We've been to two play off finals in a row and our home form has been fixed. He deserves the opportunity to stay.

Having said all that he is an arrogant, whining **** and if he does decide to leave I won't be shedding any tears, even though I accept that we will find it hard to finish higher than we have the last two seasons.

IndoMike

I'm pretty sure that's not right. I'm a 50/50 seller at every home.game so I talk to loads of people. While there are some who want him gone, most support him. 20 months or so ago, your split may have been right but not anymore. For purely footballing reasons I want him to stay. We were awful for quite a while and he would have been sacked at any other club. I did think it was time he left myself however he has completely turned it around on the pitch. We've been to two play off finals in a row and our home form has been fixed. He deserves the opportunity to stay.

Having said all that he is an arrogant, whining **** and if he does decide to leave I won't be shedding any tears, even though I accept that we will find it hard to finish higher than we have the last two seasons.
The quotes about friends and acquaintances who say they want Tisdale to stay or go are purely anecdotal and do not stand up to rigorous appraisal. In addition, it is Tisdale giving out the signs he wants to leave - he has not been forced out - so if you are an OUT or IN it's not very relevant : it's just an opinion/

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Keith Curle

haka

I'm more interested in the process of the appointment. If the board get that right, there's a decent chance the manager will be a good fit. So, no shoulder tapping, and no grateful grovelling to a self-proclaimed "star". ECFC has earned respect, we don't need to be somebody's training school.

I bet many fans would choose a Steve Gerrard over a David Wagner who nobody (in England) had heard of, and yet ... I bet Gerrard will be sacked before Wagner.

So if the new manager is Jean-Paul Anonyme from the Belgian league that's OK. Better than some washed-up "I'm entitled, me!".

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the club will appoint from within. A combination of Oakley and Matt Taylor. Its the easy option and they'll sell it as having continuity, understands the club ethos blah blah blah

Personally, I'm up for a complete change with a new manager from outside the club accompanied by a new director of Football from outside the club, and who knows maybe even a new chairman. it may take a while for them all to settle in but with a decent selection process it could be a very interesting and successful time.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he goes I think it will largely depend on who goes with him - managers like the comfort of taking backroom staff with them for continuity and I think Tis will be no exception.
Having said that I have felt all along Matt Oakley will step up.
I think I would like to see someone from outside the club come in but I think with Stevie P and potentially Tis and Taggy ? going there will be too much of a hole to fill and too much change after years of stability.

Ideally for me a combination of someone from outside working with someone already here.