• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What tipple are you drinking tonight thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep as the gite owner who introduced him to me said

“He is as aged in oak as long as his Calvados”

Loosely translated.
Comme ci Comme ça et en haut de la ville !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A wee dram or two of 12 year old Singleton single malt. Good stuff on such a day.

Trapdoor

12 yo singleton is great value. A very tasty dram.
Along similar lines the Sainsbury's taste the difference Highland single malt is pretty decent and very cheap (it's relabelled Dalmore) at 18-20 quid a bottle.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
12 yo singleton is great value. A very tasty dram.
Along similar lines the Sainsbury's taste the difference Highland single malt is pretty decent and very cheap (it's relabelled Dalmore) at 18-20 quid a bottle.
If you have never watched the film "The Angels' Share" you would probably really enjoy it, it is on the BBC iplayer.

Trapdoor

Will check it out. Cheers!

Banksy

Home made three year old gooseberry and elderflower wine to celebrate City’s draw 🤪.

Swanaldo

Some 50 year old Calvados which I acquired from un paysan in the beautiful Pays d’Auge many years ago. Sadly he has died and no more available from that source
A French farmer once poured me a generous 'dram' from a bottle of Calvados that had a wooden carving of two old boys sitting at a bench inside the bottle. I got the impression that the bottle had been refilled many times over the years, and held some familial significance. Is that something you have encountered, Al?

Alistair20000

A French farmer once poured me a generous 'dram' from a bottle of Calvados that had a wooden carving of two old boys sitting at a bench inside the bottle. I got the impression that the bottle had been refilled many times over the years, and held some familial significance. Is that something you have encountered, Al?
We were given a slug of Calvados from a “special bottle” once. This had something to do with a gift from an ancestor and a wedding many years before. No carving within the bottle. This one was refilled periodically with Calvados from a local producer: production fermier. As I understood the story, the family memory is as much in the bottle itself as in the Calvados. The refilling had to take place before the bottle became empty. I suppose the theory is that a little of the original Calvados remains in an ever decreasing proportion forever

Swanaldo

The refilling had to take place before the bottle became empty. I suppose the theory is that a little of the original Calvados remains in an ever decreasing proportion forever
Ah yes, I think I heard something along those lines too.

Ex-ciderrr

A can of 'Cisk' - Maltese lager yesterday evening.