• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What is a 'Typical' Exeter City fan?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like others, for me it's an inherent passion who's flame never goes out, regardless of where you live, or what is going on in your life. I guess you could say that about any supporter of any team though, so to add meat to the bones I would say a typical City fan accepts that their team will probably never be a big team, and will always have more lows than highs, but knows when the highs come along they can outweigh the lows massively !!

geoffwp

long suffering but always looking on the bright side. Used to disappointment but NEVER moaning and always expecting better next time. We are a bit perfect really, and we only hate argyle. :D

tigertony

long suffering but always looking on the bright side. Used to disappointment but NEVER moaning and always expecting better next time. We are a bit perfect really, and we only hate argyle. :D
I do sometimes stray away from my laughing gas or angel dust mode. The statement above could, well actually is, relevent to about 80% of clubs although I don't think all fans of all clubs hate Argyle. If they do then they do and onwards we go. All clubs have moaners who still bleedy moan when you've missed 10 clear chances, let in 2 goals but won 8-2 (rofl)

Oh ..... my mate has been banned from WOWS .... that is not good as I have friends in high places.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-DTHpCZYZoI/TVCVmVH7WFI/AAAAAAAAAOg/Y2-Izd4i8pk/s1600/Nuclear-Explosion-001.jpg

thermopylai

A typical fan is first and foremost a proper chap.

hatch4england

No such thing... but they do share properties, the main one of which is to cope with year after year of disappointment with astonishign good grace.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Typical City fan ? somebody who accepts that being average or crap is ok generally.

It's the only thing about being a city fan I really find frustrating , along with the tactics Tisdale uses I should say.

Too many people connected with the club accept being mediocre , the board accept it , the manager accepts it and sadly it then starts rubbing off on the people who watch it also.