• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What happens if the Planning Application fails?

Saint James

I'd be very surprised if the Trust is legally allowed to borrow money - does anyone know definitively?

And isn't SJP earmarked in planning terms for sporting/recreational use - meaning that housing development is impossible?

And the current financial model is not 'clearly unsustainable' - we are sustaining it! Hand to mouth admittedly, but it IS sustainable.
Fareham, I did investigate this (loans from banks) during my time on the Trust Board. At the time and I would be surprised if anything has changed banks would be happy to lend to Ind and Provident Societies but nearly all would require a named individual/s such as a Trustee to act as a Guarantor - never going to happen!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If it failed I wonder what the cost would be to demolish the old grandstand and either put a temporary stand (ala Crawley) or terracing (like is proposed for the away end) on the part of the footprint which is level ground?

It wouldn't help with off field income but would that be a more viable amount of money the club and trust could look to raise over time?

Is there a rule at league two and league one level of a minimum number of seats, would the WTS be enough if the other three sides were standing only?

Oldsmobile-88

If it failed I wonder what the cost would be to demolish the old grandstand and either put a temporary stand (ala Crawley) or terracing (like is proposed for the away end) on the part of the footprint which is level ground?

Is there a rule at league two and league one level of a minimum number of seats, would the WTS be enough if the other three sides were standing only?
I bet it would cost 200k to demolish...Just getting rid of the asbestos would cost a fortune.

I believe it's around a 2,000 minimum seating capacity for L2.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fareham, I did investigate this (loans from banks) during my time on the Trust Board. At the time and I would be surprised if anything has changed banks would be happy to lend to Ind and Provident Societies but nearly all would require a named individual/s such as a Trustee to act as a Guarantor - never going to happen!
Fair enough Tony. However the cheapest source of borrowing would be from ECC. They ought to be happy to do this as they would make a profit on the deal by lending at a higher rate than they could borrow from the PWLB. However the case of Northampton might focus all local authority minds on the need to exercise due diligence!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have purchased a Euro Millions ticket.

I suggest we all do this and if any of us win then we can fund the new stands.

About as much chance as ECC lending us the money.

fred binneys head

No one will lend the trust any money.

Fareham Grecian

Thank you SJ

denzel

Presumably it's all part of the contract with the planning agents.
Clearly it could go two ways. Either it's approved BUT we need to consider what the consequences of any planning conditions or obligations are as they could add to the cost and build time of the project.
If it's refused a careful consideration of the reasons for refusal are called for. It may be that they can be overcome with a few changes.
I'd like to hope the conversation has already taken place on this!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presumably it's all part of the contract with the planning agents.
Clearly it could go two ways. Either it's approved BUT we need to consider what the consequences of any planning conditions or obligations are as they could add to the cost and build time of the project.
If it's refused a careful consideration of the reasons for refusal are called for. It may be that they can be overcome with a few changes.
I'd like to hope the conversation has already taken place on this!
In trying to nail Taggy down to some detail on this project he stated that the Club is not party to any of the build related contracts - this must include the planning agents.

I'm sure conversations have taken place with Yelverton and their agents on the possible need to adjust the planning application. I tried to get out of him what the value of the enabling contribution would be if everything is passed, and how that would be modified if it was only partially successful. However he refused to give me the detail, saying that he would not like to be quoted on the detail.

hatch4england

The club has no assets which would be usable as security for a bank loan. Therefore, that avenue is shut to it.
If the club traded profitably, it could over time build up reserves to replace/enhance/ build. Regrettably, it doesn't do that.