• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
We can reconvene in March and see where we are with all these predictions :sneaky:

Vaccine sweepstake, this is 2020 exeweb

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Slightly off topic but isnt everything on this thread...

It almost seems like the Government is encouraging people to watch football in pubs..

You do wonder how many brain cells Ministers, senior Civil Servants and SAGE have between them...

DB9

Slightly off topic but isnt everything on this thread...

It almost seems like the Government is encouraging people to watch football in pubs..

Whatever time they put it on, Especially in and around Liverpool the pubs would be crowded, TBH football is a social event, whether at the stadium or in pubs. Watching a game at home on TV with no fans in the stadium is like a pre-season, behind closed door friendly, Boring as hell. You'd really want to watch it with the people who go to the games with you for the banter, Odd pint and pie. It's like my view on ifollow, Not the same and £10 a pop over 46 games is a quite a lay out.

malcolms

You do wonder how many brain cells Ministers, senior Civil Servants and SAGE have between them...
Between 1 and 10..perhaps we can start Max's lottery.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed.

Also, a second wave was always going to happen. It was obvious that the idea behind lockdown initially was to buy time - we are now clearly much further ahead in terms of treatment, vaccines, PPE, NHS capacity etc. The opening up with the meal deals etc... this was all to make the most of the lull before the inevitable rise again.

It's already been mentioned that starting the season was perhaps not the most intelligent thing to do given the high likelihood of a second wave (previous pandemics have shown similar graphs post lockdown. Bumpy 6 months coming up, but it's all about limping towards that vaccine, which will happen sooner rather than later, talk of another 12 months without one... no chance. Especially here, where we're at the forefront of the vaccine development. Going to be interesting seeing how the people who love to kick the UK all the time react when we get vaccinated ahead of a lot of EU (if not all) countries....
I dare say the UK is somewhere near the forefront of vaccine development; at the same time, we'd do well to remember that, according to our PM, we're at the forefront of pretty much everything – the reality of course is rather different.

That aside, while there may well be a vaccine at some point, it's also worth remembering that pretty much every year the government struggles to obtain sufficient quantities of the [correct] flu vaccine to satisfy demand [though it has been known to waste millions on the wrong strain of the vaccine].

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
£10 a pop over 46 games is a quite a lay out.
I will mainly be using iFoillow to watch games I would have travelled to anyway in the Stone Age aka last season.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Dannyred

Whatever time they put it on, Especially in and around Liverpool the pubs would be crowded, TBH football is a social event, whether at the stadium or in pubs. Watching a game at home on TV with no fans in the stadium is like a pre-season, behind closed door friendly, Boring as hell. You'd really want to watch it with the people who go to the games with you for the banter, Odd pint and pie. It's like my view on ifollow, Not the same and £10 a pop over 46 games is a quite a lay out.
When you think £460 it’s a lot of money for a video link.

Spoonz Red E

When you think £460 it’s a lot of money for a video link.
It would be good if in the light of the new restrictions iFollow and the EFL could come up with a season pass.

Red Devon

It would be good if in the light of the new restrictions iFollow and the EFL could come up with a season pass.
And let you mirror to a tv.

Average Joe

I'd like to know what sort of percentage catering and hospitality on match days make up our total net profit. There's ways around ticket money, but I can't see a way of making up the money from hospitality. Maybe marketing team can start making some money through youtube views.

Status
Not open for further replies.