• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

We've come a long way - any views on next steps

Barum

Who stole the jam out of your doughnut then?

Bottom of the league - yes and I don't think anyone is particularly pleased about that.
Crowds dropping - yes, but the new TB has already pressed the club into changing the pricing to attempt to address this - lets see what Saturday brings
No investment from outside the club - except of course for all the money from the Trust, 1931 Fund, etc.
Catalyst for this still manager - and the catalyst for changing the manager (or getting him back to doing what he did 5 years ago) could yet prove to be the new set up behind the scenes.

Would you have preferred that none of these recent changes had happened? I guess if nothing else, that would make it much easier for you to moan and complain that nothing is being done.
Easy for you mate, you can look out over Lake Zurich from your desk and fell sorry for the TB & Tisdale..... Me & another approx 2.5k others actually turn up to watch our Football Club dying, I can assure you it's not very pleasant.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Exeweb only represents a minority of Exeter City fans, and us posters all are moaners and anti-Tisdale and are viewed with contempt by the great majority, who consider us to be an embarrassment to the club.

Or so we are told.

Yet without Exeweb Captain 'Donkey' Coles would probably - almost certainly - still be here and the extortionate POTG ticket prices would still apply. Not bad for a small bunch of moaners...
The dissatisfied on Exeweb may seem pretty small potatoes even when measured against the paltry Mansfield gate. However, you might say they're the visible part of an anti Tisdale iceberg with the hidden bulk being the absent fans with maybe a few loyal but uncommunicative types who still stand resolutely alongside the more easily pleased.

It's point well made by Globey when he said that without the discontent voiced by many Exeweb posters that certain things may well have remained unchanged. As it is, people have had to sit up and take notice. As for the Press, you ain't gonna find any friends there as they're hardly likely to diss the source of so many of their stories.

Terryhall

Easy for you mate, you can look out over Lake Zurich from your desk and fell sorry for the TB & Tisdale..... Me & another approx 2.5k others actually turn up to watch our Football Club dying, I can assure you it's not very pleasant.
How do you know my desk has a lake view? *checks for hidden cameras* :S

As a more serious response, I do somewhat resent the implication that as an exiled fan, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster

As a more serious response, I do somewhat resent the implication that as an exiled fan, I don't know what I'm talking about.
It's no different than the constant crap I get about not attending so have no opinion.

PeteUSA

It's no different than the constant crap I get about not attending so have no opinion.
Me too! I dont get to attend that many games, but if I was to say our team was crap, would I be wide of the mark?

Terryhall

Me too! I dont get to attend that many games, but if I was to say our team was crap, would I be wide of the mark?
Agreed with both, I don't think that is fair either. Our opinions are based on different input, I don't think it makes them any less valid (even though we have reached different conclusions ;))

Grecian_Jay

Agreed with both, I don't think that is fair either. Our opinions are based on different input, I don't think it makes them any less valid (even though we have reached different conclusions ;))
I agree. When you watch 2 years of turgid boring negative football (it was more than that but atleast back then we had Harley to pull a rabbit out of a hat) and everyone on here agrees that our style of play hasn't changed, then I think it's pretty reasonable to know exactly what is going on without having to watch it.

Barum

I didn't say you don't know what you're talking about!

My point is because I'm in a position to attend games I see first hand how our Club has gone downhill in the last 3 years.

Apathy now rules at SJP because all except a handful of dissenters now stay away & we are down to the bare bones who will blindly watch any c r a p Tisdale puts on the pitch without question.

PeteUSA

Terry, let me clarify the main reason why I think we're f**cked. Tisdale has decided that an underdeveloped goalkeeper is going to be first choice, when he's not ready. I know all about the England cap, and I sincerely congratulate the boy on winning an England cap. All that being said though, IMHO he's still a season away from the position he's been thrown into. He's been at fault for at least three goals that he's conceeded through poor decision making, that have cost us points; That being said, his reactions and reflexes are excellent.

The problem is that he looks young and under developed (SHORT, there I've said it!) which opposing teams will cotton on to ahead of time. Their game plan will be to rough him up whenever they get the chance during a game, which is bound to ultimately pay off! I wish Pym all the best but he's going to have to get used to some extra 'attention' from corners and the like.

Last edited:

Ian Mancey

Terry, let me clarify the main reason why I think we're f**cked. Tisdale has decided that an underdeveloped goalkeeper is going to be first choice, when he's not ready. I know all about the England cap, and I sincerely congratulate the boy on winning an England cap. All that being said though, IMHO he's still a season away from the position he's been thrown into. He's been at fault for at least three goals that he's conceeded through poor decision making, that have cost us points; That being said, his reactions and reflexes are excellent.

The problem is that he looks young and under developed (SHORT, there I've said it!) which opposing teams will cotton on to ahead of time. Their game plan will be to rough him up whenever they get the chance during a game, which is bound to ultimately pay off! I wish Pym all the best but he's going to have to get used to some extra 'attention' from corners and the like.

Pete

totally resect your opinion, But
I have watched every home game, so far, and IMPO Pym is blossoming every game.
Yes he has made some, errrrr, immature mistakes? but no more that Arthur did and IMPO I think he is a better player than Arthur was at this stage of their careers at Exeter. A lot more vocal than Arthur ever was and a brilliant shot stopper.
Again IMPO, Pym is very last line of defence and to be honest if the rest of the team let him down!
I'm sure he has a fantastic future and we will probably be lucky to keep him past January.