• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

West Ham v Millwall anyone?

Millwall Reject did you go last night? was a very eventfull night!! haha
Tickets were rarer than hens teeth, and I've lost touch with most of me old mates so I stayed home and did some knitting.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Been interesting listening to the discussions on Radio 5 on the drive down from Cumbria. There seems to be a big thing about somebody did something wrong and we need someone to blame. I also feel that the media will force the politicians in to some useless knee-jerk reaction that will make the life of the ordinary fan harder rather than deal what is basically a one-off situation.

les.gtfc

Been interesting listening to the discussions on Radio 5 on the drive down from Cumbria. There seems to be a big thing about somebody did something wrong and we need someone to blame. I also feel that the media will force the politicians in to some useless knee-jerk reaction that will make the life of the ordinary fan harder rather than deal what is basically a one-off situation.
Anyone who has read the book Cass will know that all the West Ham hoolies live for is a game against Millwall.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyone who has read the book Cass will know that all the West Ham hoolies live for is a game against Millwall.
That needs to be the context that this is dealt with. I worry that we go back to all football fans are hooligans and we get treated as such.

ScrumpyJack

The press are going way over the top, making it out to be worse than it actually was.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldnt surprise me if West Ham get thrown out of the Carling Cup for all the pitch invasions alone. Maybe a wise thing to do.

grecianfaniow

This was always going to be a lively affair. It goes back decades to fueds in the docks amongst gangs of pilferers etc. taking on a more sinister turn with the deaths of two supporters in the 70's, one at the local train station. So many guys being in their 40s was probably due to them having very vivid memories of those events. Millwall was my local team when I grew up and so I followed them untill the violence just became too random and unavoidable, darts, acid being thrown etc, punch ups between Millwall factions. But some of the Grecian younger supporters seem to think there is no danger anymore. I hope they paid attention to last night, be very careful around Millwall,
they are very well organised and don't f*ck around. And be even more careful when they visit Exeter.
I think youll find that majority wouldnt bother with Exeter City unless severely provoked as we are not real rivals like west ham.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was always going to happen but halfing Millwall's allocation was a really stupid thing to do, all it resulted in was another 1500 outside who would otherwise have been in the ground.

It's been breaking news on the TV and Radio all day, the voilence was bad but they are going way over the top. Surpsied there was only 13 arrests, although once the CCTV gets watched i'm sure there will be more. There will always be trouble at football, but not on a scale like last night, that kind of violence and hatred is mroe of a one off, Lots of Millwall & West Ham would quite easily risk doing time for doing what they did last night, I doubt very much it will be like that when they (Wall) visit us or we go there.

Mike Blackstone

There seemed to be more 'fans' on the ptich at West Ham than the entire attendance at the game I attended the same night!

I think youll find that majority wouldnt bother with Exeter City unless severely provoked as we are not real rivals like west ham.
Hopefully not, but it only takes a little nudge from someone in that direction, either up there or down here. Also, the hard-core are a pretty formidable threat and they probably will travel. I don't say don't go, just be especially careful and maybe take a safer route to the game, stick with the crowd and try not to get isolated, especially up there. The new Den is like a rat trap with railway tunnels and alleyways surrounding it. The Old Den was more open with wider escape routes!!!