• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Beginning to look like Ajose Mark 2 from a ( non) playing point of view.Do any of these reporters who do interviews ever ask Taylor anything pertinent about his situation or do they steer clear od this hot potato?As long as he isn’t still two weeks away at Christmas.
In fairness he was asked about Stubbs after one of the early friendlies and that’s when Taylor said he’d been back on training for a week. But yeah, I think we should get another update this week….

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder if he will be up in Wales bonding with his new teammates (second time around)

Trapdoor

Wonder if he will be up in Wales bonding with his new teammates (second time around)
If its still 3 weeks off sure. If it's sooner, very doubtful. :)

ExmouthMart

……. And when he is fit, what’s the betting he will be missing The North and we will reluctantly let him leave with our best wishes for the future and thank him for his time with us and his contribution to the group……

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Beginning to look like Ajose Mark 2 from a ( non) playing point of view.Do any of these reporters who do interviews ever ask Taylor anything pertinent about his situation or do they steer clear od this hot potato?As long as he isn’t still two weeks away at Christmas.
There's a fans forum on Monday. Matt will be there, you can ask him yourself.

Banksy

There's a fans forum on Monday. Matt will be there, you can ask him yourself.
Hmm.Would have when I lived in Exeter.Might be difficult now explaining to the wife why I’m driving 250 miles for a meeting when I don’t take her to Hythe for shopping. The interviews I have seen though always seem to be the homey pally ones that touch on the nice non contentious stuff.

iscalad

Hmm.Would have when I lived in Exeter.Might be difficult now explaining to the wife why I’m driving 250 miles for a meeting when I don’t take her to Hythe for shopping. The interviews I have seen though always seem to be the homey pally ones that touch on the nice non contentious stuff.
Maybe someone who is there will ask the question. 6pm is a non-goer for me.

I should imagine given that his livelihood depends on it, that Stubbs is probably more concerned about the current situation than anyone.
Agree…but surely you need to be ruthless and it’s now the clubs problem. Let’s face it, the guy probably was League 1 level…and there’s a reason why he signed for us. He hasn’t even played a game for us and we’ve just paid his wages for 7 months..got to be questions asked about that surely?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

If its still 3 weeks off sure. If it's sooner, very doubtful. :)
Presumably this means Stubbs is three weeks from resuming full training. Given his long lay off, given he's missed pre-season and hoping he doesn't have any further setbacks, I think there's little prospect of him becoming a meaningful 1st team player until end of Sept at the earliest.