• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jevani Brown

ExmouthMart

I would say Brown is the bigger signing on current form. Didn’t he score 11 in 16 games last season?! Nombe has potential going for him according to Taylor but is still a gamble after we pay an undisclosed fee and give him a 3 year contract. He didn’t grasp his opportunity at Luton and their Manager seemed to question his work rate if I understood correctly and he was surplus at MK Dons and wasn’t going to get a game. Big opportunity for him but also as I said a gamble by us.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can read but you can't write.
But I can drive a tractor.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
He wasn't very honest with the constant contradictory stories about Ajose nor with the condition of Stubbs. Managers sometimes spin, you know. I still just about support Matt but he talks a load of twaddle sometimes.
It was Matt that made the big play about bringing in top quality and said we had the money to back it up, so don't have the nerve to criticise those who expect him to keep to his word just because you happen to have blind faith.
In this Matt's fourth season I expect no dud signings, no bs about injuries, good football and automatic promotion. Anything less and Matt should be released.
By the way, I have no idea what your comment about real ale means, but you obviously think it's very witty.
Proof if needed, that you don't read and just chuck anything and hope it sticks.

I wanted Matt Taylor to leave at the end of last season, I think he is tactically limited and has had his opportunity. However recruitment wise I do rate him.

He said he wanted to bring in game changers - I take that to mean players with that extra something who probably shouldn't be playing in League 2. This is likely to be players coming from above rather than established League 2 players, by that very definition they will be in League 2.

We sign squad players because we have 12+ gaps to fill. Those are the "easier" captures and happen first.

He signs Brown, and other people start saying "so is this what Matt Taylor thinks is a game changer/big signing"

Nombe comes in, MT clearly says this is the FIRST of his big signings of the summer. He's literally telling you.

When Matt is signing players, I'm sure he is up front about their roles so I highly doubt it's passed Brown by that we are looking to be a very good side this season.

It really is simple. I can only assume you just like arguing, which you're in luck because if you want to do that it's my favourite past time too. But don't pretend you're adding any depth or substance to the conversation 😂

IndoMike

Proof if needed, that you don't read and just chuck anything and hope it sticks.

I wanted Matt Taylor to leave at the end of last season, I think he is tactically limited and has had his opportunity. However recruitment wise I do rate him.

He said he wanted to bring in game changers - I take that to mean players with that extra something who probably shouldn't be playing in League 2. This is likely to be players coming from above rather than established League 2 players, by that very definition they will be in League 2.

We sign squad players because we have 12+ gaps to fill. Those are the "easier" captures and happen first.

He signs Brown, and other people start saying "so is this what Matt Taylor thinks is a game changer/big signing"

Nombe comes in, MT clearly says this is the FIRST of his big signings of the summer. He's literally telling you.

When Matt is signing players, I'm sure he is up front about their roles so I highly doubt it's passed Brown by that we are looking to be a very good side this season.

It really is simple. I can only assume you just like arguing, which you're in luck because if you want to do that it's my favourite past time too. But don't pretend you're adding any depth or substance to the conversation 😂
👌

IndoMike

Right well if you can’t read there’s no helping you
👌

IndoMike

Technical issue

IndoMike

Hanging wifi

Grecian Max

Hanging wifi
Buzzing can't wait 😂

IndoMike

Gilbert

Exactly , as you say , ready from the off. I’m sure he ( Nombe) has a lot of potential along with Coley and co , but please let’s kill this thing off with autos this season not at best , flipping playoffs.To my mind that would be failure especially if we lost in them yet again.
While we are being argumentative; whereas there is no doubt we would all love automatic promotion and very much hope for it, how on earth can you write off finishing in a play off spot as failure? We none of us know what the finished squad will be just yet and how the team will end up performing. But if as its profile it is younger, pacier and capable of sustained progress over the next few seasons, that would do for me. Most of my years supporting City have been spent watching poor sides struggle at the wrong end of the table, season after season. Now it seems we are not happy to watch them battle it out at the top end of the table and only the autos will do. Not sure competitive professional football works that way so that your final position can be nailed on before the season has already begun. Maybe this level of expectation is a sign of how far the club has come, but as for me, I'm still thankful just to have a club to follow, let alone one that competes regularly in and around the play offs.