• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jevani Brown

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly , as you say , ready from the off. I’m sure he ( Nombe) has a lot of potential along with Coley and co , but please let’s kill this thing off with autos this season not at best , flipping playoffs.To my mind that would be failure especially if we lost in them yet again.

Grecian Max

Good point. Think Matt hasn't learnt the lesson yet of being more careful with his choice of words and a bit more tactful.
How about Brown was told we were after 4-6 game changers but we also need to build a squad around them. I’m sure MT was very honest about his role

MT deserves credit for sticking to his guns and being very clear who he sees as the game changer signings - otherwise you end up with people saying “oh I hope Brown isn’t one of them game changerrrrs”

Grecian Max

Yes, our transfers have been based on potential, not on actual achievements. So these are not marquee signings but might turn out to be very good signings
The 2-4 marquee signings should be / should have been of high quality for Div 2
and oven-baked. Ready to rock and roll.
Taylor has been clear that only one marquee signing has been made so far. There’s no one size fits all for what makes a “big” signing - this one clearly is for us in terms of fee, wages and competition. He’s set his stall out and we can judge afterwards. He’s being honest FFS, nothing will placate the raging real ale hordes will it 😂😂

Last edited:

IndoMike

We showed last season that a fast moving attack with Jay and Joel was a very dangerous unit. I think we will highly likely see something very similar this season.
I certainly love that idea rather than lumping it up to an immobile carthorse upfront. Speed, movement,
How about Brown was told we were after 4-6 game changers but we also need to build a squad around them. I’m sure MT was very honest about his role

MT deserves credit for sticking to his guns and being very clear who he sees as the game changer signings - otherwise you end up with people saying “oh I hope Brown isn’t one of them game changerrrrs”
Don't understand your point.

Grecian Max

Right well if you can’t read there’s no helping you

IndoMike

Taylor has been clear that only one marquee signing has been made. There’s no one size fits all for what makes a “big” signing - this one clearly is for us in terms of fee, wages and competition. He’s set his stall out and we can judge afterwards. He’s being honest FFS, nothing will placate the raging real ale hordes will it 😂😂
He wasn't very honest with the constant contradictory stories about Ajose nor with the condition of Stubbs. Managers sometimes spin, you know. I still just about support Matt but he talks a load of twaddle sometimes.
It was Matt that made the big play about bringing in top quality and said we had the money to back it up, so don't have the nerve to criticise those who expect him to keep to his word just because you happen to have blind faith.
In this Matt's fourth season I expect no dud signings, no bs about injuries, good football and automatic promotion. Anything less and Matt should be released.
By the way, I have no idea what your comment about real ale means, but you obviously think it's very witty.

IndoMike

Excuse me Hants. Can you explain why you liked that post. I'm sure if I did the same to you you would ban me in your usual spiteful way

IndoMike

I can read but you can't write.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I can read but you can't write.
Mike, please stop arguing with people on every thread.

IndoMike

Mike, please stop arguing with people on every thread.
Ooooook. I'll be a sleepy Joe...