• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Callum Rowe

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Same thought crossed my mind. However, 4 games since August doesn't appear to be a sign of a player wanting to prove a point. If Callum had been a mainstay of the team he wouldn't have been released
I think there is an injury to throw in somewhere along the line although I am not sure how long he was out for. Another thing that wouldn't have helped his cause in extending the contract.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Clearly not hungry enough and it seems Matt got it right
definitely showed his lack of hunger by being out injured for 6 weeks:rolleyes:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
definitely showed his lack of hunger by being out injured for 6 weeks:rolleyes:

I was aware of the injury which as Rosey pointed out wont have done his chances any good. However, it's on the training pitches as well as in matches that Managers assess what a player is bringing to the table. I stand by my original point which is similar to that I made at the time of his departure from us that he has now been bombed out of Aston Villa, Exeter, Yeovil and some Scottish club on trial. It's not a matter of being unlucky there is a pattern. When you leave a big club and you feel your hopes and dreams have been shattered as a young player it goes in one of two ways. Either you roll up your sleeves and show the world it was a mistake to let you go or you dont. The world is littered with talented footballers however ability is just one element in making a career of it.

dontpassback

Now departed the glovers

tom_ecfc

Cowshed Grecian

I was aware of the injury which as Rosey pointed out wont have done his chances any good. However, it's on the training pitches as well as in matches that Managers assess what a player is bringing to the table. I stand by my original point which is similar to that I made at the time of his departure from us that he has now been bombed out of Aston Villa, Exeter, Yeovil and some Scottish club on trial. It's not a matter of being unlucky there is a pattern. When you leave a big club and you feel your hopes and dreams have been shattered as a young player it goes in one of two ways. Either you roll up your sleeves and show the world it was a mistake to let you go or you dont. The world is littered with talented footballers however ability is just one element in making a career of it.
Or perhaps he’s just not at the level required, doesn’t really matter how good he was at youth level for Villa. Incidentally he’s just signed for Salisbury is the Southern league.

tonykellowfan

Back in the 80s I was at school with a lad who was so good he was scouted by Ajax and moved to Holland to play through their youth system. Fast forward 10-15 years and he played in the same indoor 5-a-side league as me and was still mindblowing. He never once stepped foot on an 11-a-side pitch as a professional or even at any level of non-league.