• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Watching / Playing

nick_exmouth

Watching everytime as I am sh*t at playing!

Ian Sideman

NOTHING beats playing mate, and it's not just the playing, it's the Banter. I was lucky enough to play in teams with great team spirit in my career. I thought it was tremendous and noticable that we all stayed for a drink last night, while they mostly cleared off early.

Stay a player mate. :D
Can only echo this. Play as long as you can mate. Nothing beats the banter and your mates. You'll miss it. Standing in the bar talking about the game having played in it beats everything.

Ian Sideman

The reason why I haven't joined my brother out at mightly Lapford is because I like watching city. However I love each Exeweb game and it makes me think I should play while I can.I'm thinking of either going Sunday League or sarcrificing city and joining Lapford...
Play mate Play!!

You can watch City when you've retired!

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Can only echo this. Play as long as you can mate. Nothing beats the banter and your mates. You'll miss it. Standing in the bar talking about the game having played in it beats everything.
Too bleedin' right. It's amazing how as each pint slips down the goals become better, those intricate bits of skill are highlighted and the saves were more and more Banks-esque.

I discount myself from the above. My play never needs embellishment, as it speaks for itself.

ECFC JP

I have to say that i think watching then you dont get all the jip if you do something wrong, where as in playing you do, as i have experienced before.

Red the Paper

Banned
The reason why I haven't joined my brother out at mightly Lapford is because I like watching city. However I love each Exeweb game and it makes me think I should play while I can.I'm thinking of either going Sunday League or sarcrificing city and joining Lapford...
Simon, you are setting your sights too low. In all my years of playing football I would never use the words "mighty" and "Lapford" together.

I can remember playing them many times, but fail to recall a defeat.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say that i think watching then you dont get all the jip if you do something wrong, where as in playing you do, as i have experienced before.
Play for a team where players realise each others' limitations.

The Exiles Bauys rarely get on each other's backs (well, apart from the keeper doing some yelling - ahem!), instead full of encouragement.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Simon, you are setting your sights too low. In all my years of playing football I would never use the words "mighty" and "Lapford" together.

I can remember playing them many times, but fail to recall a defeat.
:D

I started playing for them when they were in Intermediate 1 West, and left after we got promotion to the Devon and Exeter Premier. Highlight was a 2-2 draw at home to City reserves, with Tony Frankland, Miller, and others playing. Also remember beating Crediton first team 6-1 in a cup game, and their manager Adrian Board resigning.

Can't remember playing against Clyst Valley for them though! :D

Last edited:

ecfcandy

playing is better than watching!

ECFC TOM

I'm sh*t at playing, so I would prefer watching.