• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Warrington Town vs Exeter City Official matchday thread!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
4. Tisdale - it would be refreshing to hear you come out and say that we were not good enough and it was a truly shameful night. To say it is no disgrace losing to Warrington portrays as an arrogant, self centred fool. It is utterly disgraceful. Face up to it and admit it.
How is it Arrogant?

Its a lot of things but arrogant? Really.

Usemyname

4. Tisdale - it would be refreshing to hear you come out and say that we were not good enough and it was a truly shameful night. To say it is no disgrace losing to Warrington portrays as an arrogant, self centred fool. It is utterly disgraceful. Face up to it and admit it.

Will this do? Pauls is feeling "philosophical" about the game yesterday (from the official City website) http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/tis-bitterly-disappointed-2070589.aspx

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
These things happen. It sucks and I'm sure the team are gutted but it's not the end of the world. We can make up for it in the league.
Try as I might I just cannot shrug my shoulders this morning and adopt the "it's only one game" attitude. As a club we have to graft and graft for every single penny we can get because, without that, we will be stagnant forever. We can't afford to lose these cup games, especially on live TV. We lose the opportunity of further "free" cash, as well as winning over the uncommitted fans. Plastics they might be , but we need their bloody money to be spent at City, not at Sandy Park. Last night was yet another a massive lost opportunity in the FA Cup for Exeter City. End of.

crocks

Tisdale:

“I’m not ashamed of the way my team played – it’s hard to find any criticism of my players.

Oh good grief!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Tisdale:

“I’m not ashamed of the way my team played – it’s hard to find any criticism of my players.

Oh good grief!
Just listened to the audio on express and Echo website and that was as embarrassing as the loss. He says disappointed numerous times, Warrington managed to score and just held on by parking the bus, that they were entitled to try to win and it isn't just about what we do, he thought we couldn't be criticised and that we came close but not close enough. Finally we don't have to worry about the players being picked up as they will be ok.

He sounds to me that he is not bothered in the slightest by it. If he is saying that sort of thing to the players we will never learn and I can only judge him by what he does in public. I have even less respect for him now than I did before.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was watching an interview with Des Walker this mornng and he was talking about his time as a player with Cloughie and he was asked what makes a good manager.He said simplicity and an understanding of partnerships across the pitch.It demonstrates where we sometimes go wrong.

This is my take on the players last night:

Pym:Didn't have much to do.Came out bravely when let down by the defence.Wasn't at fault for the goal.
Ribs:played OK.Was getting forward more,but then subbed wrongly.
Oakley and Butters:All over the place in the first 30 minutes.Butters should have been replaced by Keohane.
Woodman:Too negative and passing was awful.
Noble:pitch was too heavy for a player coming back from injury.Poor mistake from Tisdale,he knew what the pitch was like.
Sercs:Man of the Match for us.Worked really hard pushing us forward.The ones in the penalty box let him down.
Grimes:I don't think he has done any favours by Tisdales tactics.He created a lot for us,almost scored but at times in the 2nd played too deep.Set pieces were ineffective. He needs another year or two learnng the game with us.
Wheeler:Anonymous.
Bennett:What does Tisdale want from him?Stick our captain in the most influential position and let him play.Stop ****ing around with him.
Cummins:Bad night at the office.Helped their goal,did nothing else.
Davies:1-0 down,we need a creator to regn the initiative,not a safe and dependable midfielder.
Keohane:Should have started,got involved immediately
Nichols:Too late,didn't get into the match.

Tisdale got it so wrong.1-0 down against a team of brickies and we have one up front.Should have taken Butters off for Watkins,gone 4-4-2 and done the unexpected.Keohane for Noble,inject some energy right from the start.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

Will this do? Pauls is feeling "philosophical" about the game yesterday (from the official City website) http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/tis-bitterly-disappointed-2070589.aspx
Nope, just taken from his audio. Scot Bennett on the official site was slightly better but not much.

denzil

These things happen. It sucks and I'm sure the team are gutted but it's not the end of the world. We can make up for it in the league.
And what will "Joe Public" and the BBC remember - us ****ing League 2 or a woeful 1st round exit in the FA Cup to a non league side .

mdg

for my view- Noble to much of a ball player,to play against, that sort of team, he was never going to be allowed the time and space to play his game- Tis should have seen that

Shows that we are in need of a goal scorer(Curo), cos couldn't see that we were ever going to score

paperclip

And what will "Joe Public" and the BBC remember - us ****ing League 2 or a woeful 1st round exit in the FA Cup to a non league side .
Joe Public will remember whatever is shown on TV the most. Which will of course be us losing to a team four leagues below us, as the BBC will show the goal, their ground and manager etc at every opportunity for the rest of the competition.