• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

VAR Yay or Nay ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nay when this stuff happens

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nay when this stuff happens

Not the fault of VAR. Down to the pillocks who operate the system

Pathetic, cringeworthy stuff there from Mr Dean :mad:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not the fault of VAR. Down to the pillocks who operate the system

Pathetic, cringeworthy stuff there from Mr Dean :mad:
The problem with VAR is the human element.

I'd also suggest that there should be a timeout of say 3 minutes, if no decision can be made in that time, the original decision stands.

JW57++

I hate VAR. It destroys the flow of the game and does not seem to radically improve decisions. I’d much rather watch a game that flows freely than one where the game stops for a few minutes so that they discover that the defender’s right elbow played the forward onside by 5mm.

LDNGrecian

It does radically improve decisions, it’s just a lot harder to recognise the times that it corrects an incorrect decision because a song and dance isn’t made compared to when they allow an error.

Which is exactly how the mistake for Liverpool should be framed. If we didn’t have VAR, would the goal have stood? No. Yes huge error, but only because we have become accustomed to higher levels of accuracy.

ecfc70

Premier league should've adopted the semi-automatic system that was used in the World Cup last year to good effect.
Liverpool can cry as much as they want but every club has fallen foul to this shoddy system since its inception and just because its them it now needs changing?........
.......move along, nothing more to see here

david61

Agree VAR needs another look.
But if VAR hadn't existed on Sat the original mistake by the linesman not overturned by the ref would have stood.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
absolute load of rubbish.

that Calvert lewin red card tonight was an absolute farce.

it’s all rubbish id get rid of all of it , apart from goal line technology.

Alistair20000

absolute load of rubbish.

that Calvert lewin red card tonight was an absolute farce.

it’s all rubbish id get rid of all of it , apart from goal line technology.
It is not ALL rubbish. Some clear errors are corrected and that is a positive.

There is a lack of consistency on the matter of hand balls and fouls leading to red cards which needs to be worked on.

If you get rid of VAR these inconsistencies will of course continue and the abuse will be thrown at the officials rather than VAR

Don’t throw out the baby with the dirty bath water

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I’d personally ditch it , i hate waiting minutes to see if a goal “stands”….the natural elation of scoring a goal is being taken away…

checking a goal incase something happened in the build up? give me a break….the ref hasn’t blown the whistle so crack on….

some of the red cards dished out are soft as *****….that one last night wasn’t even a foul let alone a red i’m a liverpool fan and i’m saying that about an everton player so it must of been soft 😀

player reaction tells you everything about a challenge, it it’s a 2 footed lunge and it’s dangerous a player or the players around them will react them , if it’s not they don’t react….hence last nights reaction…

The handball rule is ridiculous it’s got way too many grey areas , how Odegaard can put his hand on the ball in the 18 yard box and basically push the ball into the ground and not be a pen yet someone blocking a shot from 2 yards trying to stop a goal which hits them on the arm as it’s not in a natural position can be is? it’s absolute rubbish.

how’s a defender supposed to block a shot or spread there body without moving there arm….

also the slowing down of “challenges” makes them look worse and doesn’t actually help the situation either…

for me the game personally has gone soft , i don’t like the phrase “man’s game” because women are very good at football too but contact , tackles , and good old tear up get the juices flowing as much as a goal sometimes….

it’s edging towards a non contact sport and is becoming to americanised for me in terms of the stop start nature of some games.

what also doesn’t help is the standard of referees is probably the worse it’s ever been (sadly)

I’d keep goal line technology and that’s it personally…

i watched a thing yesterday which says Liverpool have lost 5 points due to incorrect VAR decisions this season , Villa was the same & Brighton even more from memory….

that can’t be right at the top top level.