• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vaccine found 90% successful

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
My barber loves lockdown. He gladly takes furlough and with his lots of spare time he does visiting private appointments that he wouldn't normally be able to do. Does that go against guidelines? Probably. Does he or his customers care? What do you think.
I think you confirm my point.

Heard the one of the two mates who have their own separate companies and have furloughed themselves ? They each do a bit of casual work for the customers of their mate. Against the rules ? No according to legal advice. Against the spirit of the rules ? Most definitely.

Alistair20000

Mission creep justified by mutant variants is already here
Then you will carry on with lockdowns and restrictions forever as all viral disease continually mutate.

Legohead

Banned
If there are mutant variants then fine. Those who want to avoid the mutant variants even after having a vaccine that may or may not provide protection can do so by staying in their own self enforced lockdowns whilst the rest get on with life and the risk that brings.

It is our choice. The Government have no right to decide what is and what isn't best for us.

Legohead

Banned
If the SAGE scientists and the Government were worried about their kids education, their jobs, their houses, their own medical care, no worries about their own social isolation, then we wouldn't be in lockdown. This is the crux of the issue. Too many people with fingers in the pie unaffected by the economic and social impact of the pandemic making decisions for the rest of us.

Spoonz Red E

My barber loves lockdown. He gladly takes furlough and with his lots of spare time he does visiting private appointments that he wouldn't normally be able to do. Does that go against guidelines? Probably. Does he or his customers care? What do you think.
All barbers love lockdown.
They usually get an assistant to sweep it up.

Alistair20000

If the SAGE scientists and the Government were worried about their kids education, their jobs, their houses, their own medical care, no worries about their own social isolation, then we wouldn't be in lockdown. This is the crux of the issue. Too many people with fingers in the pie unaffected by the economic and social impact of the pandemic making decisions for the rest of us.
As well as the To55er Prof Neil Ferguson flouting the rules that he deemed were so essential for the Great Unwashed to follow. Shame he was not banged up for 10 years.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Booked in for the jab on Thursday. I'm quite looking forward to it!

DB9

One of the main reason why the vaccine rollout is so successful, This man, Brigadier Phil Prosser, the Commander of Military Support to the Vaccine Delivery Programme, Along with the NHS and volunteers have done an incredible job and are not stopping now. A no nonsense military guy who deserves credit for this i think, Sir Thank you.

StroudGrecian

Lots of people on furlough are actually better off in terms of net income than working. Large parts of the public sector workforce is working part time from home on full pay with no drudge of having to go to work.

Little wonder the current situation is popular; if you believe the opinion polls.
Not sure I can agree with any of this Al.

Could you clarify how people are better off? Do you mean the cost of travel to and from work equates to 20% of their salary? Seems unlikely to me.

I have not heard of anyone getting paid full time for working part time, though I admit I'm not familiar with current working arrangements in the public sector. could you provide some examples?

What I can relate is the experience of my workforce and colleagues - many of whom are really struggling with trying to work effectively from home and long to be able to return to the office. Thankfully very few are furloughed this time around (mostly those with young children) - but I cannot think of one person who is happy with lockdown and the restrictions it places on everyday life, both at work and at play.

Red Devon

Have had Pfizer vaccine today.