• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vaccine found 90% successful

Legohead

Banned
Think your thinking is a little twisted there Lego, they won't let people out until they know they're vaccinated mate. It's the right way round.
They won't even confirm if this is the plan or not though. We are just presuming that things will get back to normal once everyone has been jabbed up but there is no clear plan saying this and we all know that the Government are big fans of moving the goalposts anyway at the eleventh hour so any plan would be ignored by me anyway.

Actions speak louder than words and once i see actions in the form of easing of restrictions then i will show my actions speak louder than words and get the jab.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had the Oxford AZ jab this morning. Walked into the surgery, minding my own business, and some woman I'd never seen before stuck a needle into me.
I knew we were ahead of the game with the vaccination programme but I had not realised that the family pets were now being jabbed.

Good work Hancock (To55er)

Alistair20000

The plan should be a gradual easing of restrictions WHILST the vaccination programme is being rolled out. Not wait until EVERYONE has been vaccinated before easing restrictions which could take forever. It's the best of both worlds and solves both problems at the same time.

No way am i getting a vaccine if i'm going to be locked away for another year and having to social distance, wear masks etc. I'd rather wait until those things are a thing of the past and THEN get the vaccine or there really is no point.

As I have posted before this is the classic scenario of mission creep. Having been told that the vaccines programme would be "our way out of this mess" expect the scientists and To55ers such as Hancock to keep finding reasons to keep us all locked away for as long as they can.

Legohead

Banned
I'm still amazed that the populace are prepared to put up with this without a fight though. The longer these restrictions go on around the globe, the more social unrest will develop and break out. I think nearly a year on, we are reaching the time frame where some people no longer care about anything anymore and so protesting and violence are seen as the last chance saloon and there are no options left. Nobody is listening to them.

The Government need to vaccinate the elderly and vulnerable by Easter and then lift ALL restrictions. We live with this virus. There are no other solutions IMO.

Alistair20000

I'm still amazed that the populace are prepared to put up with this without a fight though. The longer these restrictions go on around the globe, the more social unrest will develop and break out. I think nearly a year on, we are reaching the time frame where some people no longer care about anything anymore and so protesting and violence are seen as the last chance saloon and there are no options left. Nobody is listening to them.

The Government need to vaccinate the elderly and vulnerable by Easter and then lift ALL restrictions. We live with this virus. There are no other solutions IMO.
Lots of people on furlough are actually better off in terms of net income than working. Large parts of the public sector workforce is working part time from home on full pay with no drudge of having to go to work.

Little wonder the current situation is popular; if you believe the opinion polls.

fred binneys head

The plan should be a gradual easing of restrictions WHILST the vaccination programme is being rolled out. Not wait until EVERYONE has been vaccinated before easing restrictions which could take forever. It's the best of both worlds and solves both problems at the same time.

No way am i getting a vaccine if i'm going to be locked away for another year and having to social distance, wear masks etc. I'd rather wait until those things are a thing of the past and THEN get the vaccine or there really is no point.
Yeah but if everyone waited until restrictions were lifted before taking the vaccine, the restrictions would never be lifted. You're effectively saying you want others to have the vaccine so your restrictions can be lifted, then you'll have the vaccine.

Mr Jinx

Lots of people on furlough are actually better off in terms of net income than working. Large parts of the public sector workforce is working part time from home on full pay with no drudge of having to go to work.

Little wonder the current situation is popular; if you believe the opinion polls.
My barber loves lockdown. He gladly takes furlough and with his lots of spare time he does visiting private appointments that he wouldn't normally be able to do. Does that go against guidelines? Probably. Does he or his customers care? What do you think.

Legohead

Banned
We have to live with the virus.

One clear statement that rang true from the day the virus entered the UK and still rings true today yet the Government want to wait for X,Y & Z before doing anything.

I want restrictions lifted now. What would have happened if there was no vaccine? Restrictions would eventually have to be lifted, deaths accepted because of the statement that rings true. We have to live with the virus.

Now we have a vaccine. So those who have already had it can stay locked away if they want and those yet to have it would be advised to stay at home until they have had it. Meanwhile those who don't need it / want it can get on with their lives.

I want life to go back to normal right now with or without a vaccine because it's the natural thing to do that benefits the most people in society.

Most older and vulnerable people aren't going to wait for restrictions to be lifted before having the vaccine because they are desperate for it regardless. Once they've had it then restrictions can be lifted. Whether i have the vaccine or not then is irrelevant. The point is that there is no reason whatsoever to continue with restrictions once those most likely to die or end up in hospital, for the most part are doing neither. Yet the Tories don't seem to think this is logical or sensible. Because they are being coerced by the scientists who want zero Covid and the Tories haven't got the balls to over rule them. Which is why we'll be stuck with restrictions when they aren't even needed.

iscalad

My barber loves lockdown. He gladly takes furlough and with his lots of spare time he does visiting private appointments that he wouldn't normally be able to do. Does that go against guidelines? Probably. Does he or his customers care? What do you think.
Ask a PL footballer

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I have posted before this is the classic scenario of mission creep. Having been told that the vaccines programme would be "our way out of this mess" expect the scientists and To55ers such as Hancock to keep finding reasons to keep us all locked away for as long as they can.
Mission creep justified by mutant variants is already here