• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are some great photos Hants/Andy. Its probably been asked but are the turnstiles behind the new OG being replaced or at the least going to have a lick of paint? Would seem silly not to do something with the nice shiny new stand
Couldn’t agree more. Someone also suggested it’s now possible to respray, rather than replace, the pink seats.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't have thought they would be carrying many graduate jobs between them in our area.
I’m not so sure, especially for management positions.

Andy Holloway

Has work now started on the away end then?

The 'gap' looks very neat and tidy. Really looking forward to seeing it all completed.
Yes, they were digging the trench today for the drainage and finishing off the edging pieces.

The foundations for the stand were put in place when the old away end was 'demolished' so, only need to be cleared before the stand goes in.
also you'll note that the Control Box & Foirst aid hut have been moved to their new - the original - position in the Well St/St James rd corner.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
What work is being done to TNOC in the last photo?
I'm also interested to know.

Andy Holloway

I'm also interested to know.
A company called Peninsula 'something' are pressure washing the Grandstand & BB superstructures ahead of painting them both. The scaffolding in the picture is there to give safe access to the roof of the Grandstand while they pressure wash the superstructure up there. In one off the 'enabling' photos the access scaffolding for the BB roof is partially visible at the top of the steps at the back of the BB.

Andy Holloway

2nd photo of the 'enabling' set taken on the top step at the back of the BB.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is the drainage to do with the pitch?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is the drainage to do with the pitch?
At a guess I'd assume the stand?

Andy Holloway

At a guess I'd assume the stand?
That was also the impression I got talking to the digger driver and his mate.

FYI - the colour of the two sets of pipes being installed were black and purple.

AndrewP

All coming along swimmingly..I do agree though, lovely new stand and tatty old turnstiles.......surely they could have knocked them down and rebuilt in keeping with, and blending in with, the new stand. Also, surely, an opportune moment to move to barcode turnstiles.