• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Andy_H

Ah the 'good old days', when the only time the Cowshed male toilets got flushed was when it rained!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dark as a crypt on evening games.
A few 100w bulbs hanging in the centre of the Cowshed.

Oldsmobile-88

Can anyone remember the last game of 76/77 against Aldershot at SJP.
A a few brave lads managed to get onto the Cowshed roof & were looking over the front !
Amazed they did not fall through given the rusty state of the corrugated roof.
A few others climbed the supporting pillars at the front & sat in the Y at the top.

Oldsmobile-88

Another memorable day at SJP FAC 3rd round 197807E044AF-1217-4B2E-9E20-C110B88EA9EC.jpeg00931C8B-BB29-4862-A3FA-580F1DAB44F5.jpeg

A Slacker

Another memorable day at SJP FAC 3rd round 1978View attachment 1365View attachment 1366
I was scared that day!

iscalad

Another memorable day at SJP FAC 3rd round 1978View attachment 1365View attachment 1366
Is this the one where the Wolves fans wore white fireman's head protectors? Looked like the KKK.

Oldsmobile-88

Is this the one where the Wolves fans wore white fireman's head protectors? Looked like the KKK.
Yes...That has got to be the strangest outfits I have seen at SJP along with the homemade Nazi uniforms worn by a couple of fans when Freddie Starr turned up !!
Can’t imagine that happening nowadays somehow.

Oldsmobile-88

I was scared that day!
Hairy before during & after the match..

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was working in Tesco in Sidwell Street on Saturdays and got the afternoon off for the match that day. Had to put up with them coming into the shop. One of the few Hair raising days I've experienced at SJP (the friendly ground), another being when a solitary stocky brentford fan wlked through'the choir' showing off his Brentford tattoo looking for a fight, needless to say a huge space opened up all around him

David Treharne

The Police also parked all their coaches on Union Road and made them walk down Victoria Street to the ground. It was hairy before and carnage afterwards. It also led to the graffiti that adorned the railway bridge for many years "Wovles(not my spelling mistake!) you will die". It was done in black paint and was there until weather finally washed it away.