• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under appreciated City Players

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Jason Rees and Andy Roscoe and to a lesser extent Danny Clay and Lee Elam.
Not sure about the Roscoe...

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Steve Basham. A great enabler of those around him and left out far too often in order to accommodate the past it Marcus Stewart.

elginCity

Didn't Ribeiro win play of the year lol, so underrated
Behave yourself, Max, ‘under appreciated’, I said. On here, so there.:p

Steve H

Scott Bennett for me - always gave his best no matter what position he was given in the latest crackpot formation by the then manager... reckon I saw him play centre back, sweeper, full back, wing back, central midfield, striker and I'm fairly sure he was even used a winger

eurogrecian

Not sure how under-appreciated he was, but joining us as he did when the Club was at its lowest ebb, I always appreciated the way that Márcio dos Santos Gaia conducted himself (and often played) as we regained a bit of credibility in the early 2000s.

scottus86

Matt Jay is unappreciated by a few on here. After 3 games some were calling for him to be dropped. Ludicrous.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure how under-appreciated he was, but joining us as he did when the Club was at its lowest ebb, I always appreciated the way that Márcio dos Santos Gaia conducted himself (and often played) as we regained a bit of credibility in the early 2000s.
Always a nervous moment when either Santos or Chris Todd was trying to pass the ball out of defence!

Colesman Ballz

Remember the first time I saw him play in a preseason friendly at SJP. From the lh corner of our box in front of the Big Bank he hit a pin point diagonal pass to Copps on the right touchline at the other end of the pitch. Must have been 70-80 yards, a thing of beauty, and probably the "Carlsberg" of passes that I have ever seen at SJP !

Mr Jinx

Gareth Sheldon

Loved Shelds, me

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have to agree there. Never really looked like he put in a shift. Undoubtedly talented and effective in his day, just not for us IMHO.
Considering the thread's title could I offer Stuart Storey from the 90s. Flying winger who could scare the crap out of the opposition. Think we could/should have made more out of him. Part of the team that turned over the six fingered shoeless ones 3-0 at gnome park under Bally. Magic.
Or Stuart Storer even, I sponsored Storer's shirt one season so he was appreciated by me