• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
For the BBC DB.
Starkey is finished in public life I think and Grimes fledgling career as a DIY political interviewer hasn’t got off to the best of starts.😄
It looks like he has a case against the Beeb though. I’m expecting a retraction from the BBC.
Pity, I liked Starkey's historical programmes, He description of the subject were very entertaining. Grimes I don't know much about him.

Rosencrantz

Pity, I liked Starkey's historical programmes, He description of the subject were very entertaining. Grimes I don't know much about him.
He probably should have stuck to the history to be honest.

tavyred

It was always going to end this way for the borderline political gobshite Starkey, like you I enjoyed his work on TV though.
Darren Grimes is a working class, gay, conservative Brexiteer from the Red Wall, consequently he’s roundly hated by the metropolitan chattering classes.

DB9

Rosy and Tavy, Exactly right to stick to the historical stuff, He did love sticking political tongue into certain subjects, I just think he's of that age and generation that he doesn't get the modern world, Which is hardly surprising since most of his life is stuck in the past.

Rosencrantz

Darren Grimes is a working class, gay, conservative Brexiteer from the Red Wall, consequently he’s roundly hated by the metropolitan chattering classes.
A right wing Owen Jones if you will.

Alistair20000

Rosy and Tavy, Exactly right to stick to the historical stuff, He did love sticking political tongue into certain subjects, I just think he's of that age and generation that he doesn't get the modern world, Which is hardly surprising since most of his life is stuck in the past.
Maybe. He did though give an interesting interview (sadly to The Sun) on where the Labour party had gone wrong in losing such a chunk of its core vote. Not just Corbyn and not just an historical perspective. Sir K would do well to study it.

Cannot believe how daft he was to make the very recent comments.

Mr Jinx

It was always going to end this way for the borderline political gobshite Starkey, like you I enjoyed his work on TV though.
A shame. I've loved Starkey's acerbic takedowns of Corbyn and Remainers over the past year, but he's overstepped the mark with this one. Hugely.

Spoonz Red E

Thick tw*ts.

Maybe they should consider a puppy from a rescue home next time? Or at least from a puppy breeder of some local repute?

Deserve to be scammed. Dumbasses.

As for those who want designer puppies, should be banned from keeping animals for life. Anyone buying a puppy should be made to undergo an education course that qualifies them to know what they are doing when raising a puppy because a lot of puppy owners are so dense it's untrue. Their lack of even the most basic knowledge of how to train and bring up a puppy is mindblowing.
The clues were there ...

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
That story is getting a bit messy it seems Ramone.
And your take on the Cambridge Professor Gopal ? I mean if Mr Starkey has lost his position then surely Mrs Gopal should in turn be losing hers !
This is the same uni that has held demos and had speakers who they thought were racist and transphobic banned.

DB9

And your take on the Cambridge Professor Gopal ? I mean if Mr Starkey has lost his position then surely Mrs Gopal should in turn be losing hers !
This is the same uni that has held demos and had speakers who they thought were racist and transphobic banned.
What did this Prof Gopal do? Genuine question