• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
I prefer evidence based information. The numbers in the BBC article are estimated and bear no resemblance to the figures for reported cases. No doubt actual cases are higher than reported cases but that is all speculative.
Must admit, it does seem somewhat counter-intuitive for the Office for National Statistics to be publishing an estimation of new case figures. Not their job.

Something smells bad.

Grecian2K

Press conference delayed.
Presumably to give President Cummings a head start up the A1 before the rest of the Metropolitan glitterati flee to their second (or third) homes?

Alistair20000

Must admit, it does seem somewhat counter-intuitive for the Office for National Statistics to be publishing an estimation of new case figures. Not their job.

Something smells bad.
Project scare the pants off the people. It’s the government’s hoped for fig leaf for this massive U turn.

tavyred

Does anyone have the remotest confidence in these dickheads sorting out this mess in a months time?

I don’t see much of a coherent plan anywhere in Europe TBH. 🤷‍♂️
Infections rising, lockdown, unlock, infections rise again followed by another lockdown and repeat.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t see much of a coherent plan anywhere in Europe TBH. 🤷‍♂️
Infections rising, lockdown, unlock, infections rise again followed by another lockdown and repeat.
Sorry, didn't realise Macron and Merkel were responsible for sorting this out for us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Funny if he turned up in a Halloween costume 🤣

tavyred

Sorry, didn't realise Macron and Merkel were responsible for sorting this out for us.
No.
They’re battling their own issues, including choosing to enact their own national lockdowns in an attempt to stop spiralling infections. Just like us.

elginCity

Project scare the pants off the people. It’s the government’s hoped for fig leaf for this massive U turn.
Well, seems estimation theory is a branch of statistics, after all !
Learn something new every day :)

Oldsmobile-88

I expect the Test & Trace red herring will be mentioned by BJ.
Does anyone really believe this will make any difference ?
The compliance rate for people who have been in contact with a infected person & told to self isolate is around 10% apparently.

manc grecian

I expect the Test & Trace red herring will be mentioned by BJ.
Does anyone really believe this will make any difference ?
The compliance rate for people who have been in contact with a infected person & told to self isolate is around 10% apparently.
Bloke on earlier says you need to put people up in hotels (and not let them out) and pay people enough so they don't risk going to work