• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
😁😁...Get out & buy a nice thick coat(if you’re not in Wales of course)
Actually very good advice. Much more relevant to controlling the virus spread than banning Tesco's from selling children's clothes or having your aunt round for a cup of tea.

OmanGrecian

Everything shutting here in Italy. All pubs and restaurants shut by 1800 (no more than 4 in social gathering), curfew at 2300, cinemas, theatres etc shutting and can't visit other people's houses. Can't leave my local province.

I'm worried about Christmas as I return from a work trip in Norway on 11 Dec having quarantined there for 10 days to start with . There is a chance I will have to quarantine for 14 days upon return. What a Christmas this will turn out to be :confused:

cannockred

Very disjointed in spain. 15 days of state of alarm that could be extended to 6 months. Curfew from 11pm to 6am (or 12am in some provinces.) Even lower league footie has banned spectators. Maximum groups of 6 meeting indoors or out. However played walking footie today with 6 a side and no masks🤔
Sorry to hear Oman. Someone supporting their country getting a rough deal. Perhaps the uk should invade italy😁

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You'd thought these items were essential for a woman but for some reason Tesco in Wales didn't seem to think so at first!

Tesco was "simply wrong" to tell a woman she could not buy period products during lockdown, Health Minister Vaughan Gething has said.
The supermarket apologised after saying it could not sell sanitary towels and tampons from a store in Cardiff.

The madness of this what you can and can not buy in stores if the Welsh lockdown!

Alistair20000

Just keep things simple :mad:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
More question marks over whether herd immunity could work:

DB9

Read that earlier, It does say though healthcare workers immunity remains high due to constant exposure. I'm no expert but if we went back to "Normal" and the virus is still around then wouldn't our immunity still remain high?

Mr Jinx

And so to date, I think one person around the world has been proven to catch it twice. Are you suggesting that we should completely throw out one option (the only option that has worked in the past) because of one absolute outlier?

elginCity

It was always a huge gamble adopting such a policy. Unethical too.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
And so to date, I think one person around the world has been proven to catch it twice. Are you suggesting that we should completely throw out one option (the only option that has worked in the past) because of one absolute outlier?
A few of issues with that statement Mr Jinx.

Firstly, he suggested question marks over herd immunity working, not throwing it out.
Secondly, the article, which you clearly haven't read, suggests that there are more than the one person you indicate (though admittedly it does say very few).
Thirdly, this is not the only option that has ever worked, or SARS etc would not ever have been contained.

I think that pretty much covers everything you wrote. 🤣