• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
No need to apologize at all, Lego. It's just a disagreement : quite normal on Exeweb for me 🙄😆
I guess what I'm saying is that just because there are infections in some immigrant areas it doesn't mean it's because the local population is immigrant. There could be other reasons. For example in Leicester I believe there is a meat processing plant and several factories. These places are often very noisy so people have to shout to be heard, therefore giving their surroundings a Roy Hattersley- type spraying . And it's true what I said about Bergamo.
So my point is why focus on areas with immigrant populations? As they say, Covid19 doesn't respect race, religion and apparently not even age.
Is it because there is a disproportionate of BAME people who suffer more ill effects of this virus? That's not just me saying it, There has been calls for inquiries about this

Dannyred

"According to a report for Sky News, further local lockdowns similar to the one in force in Leicester could be “just days away”. There are 36 local authority areas where the number of coronavirus cases is growing, Sky reports, and it claims that “the City of Bradford and boroughs in London, including Brent and Harrow, could be the next to lockdown”.

mmm...now what links Leicester, Bradford, Brent & Harrow...let me see....mmm
I did hear on tv today that 47% in Leicester don’t speak English so they may not of understood the the original virus warnings and could of lead to a second lockdown. Seriously?

Mr Jinx

Is it because there is a disproportionate of BAME people who suffer more ill effects of this virus? That's not just me saying it, There has been calls for inquiries about this

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What links them ...Now let me see, mmmm. .. A racist?
Just for the purposes of clarity, who or what are you describing as a racist?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just for the purposes of clarity, who or what are you describing as a racist?
@IndoMike This is important. I need to know who or what you are describing as racist.

IndoMike

As far as you're concerned I have not called anyone a racist on this thread. But whether I have reported any comments which I consider to be racist confidentially to the mods is another matter.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As far as you're concerned I have not called anyone a racist on this thread. But whether I have reported any comments which I consider to be racist confidentially to the mods is another matter.
It is a simple question. Who or what in that post are you describing as a racist?

IndoMike

It is a simple question. Who or what in that post are you describing as a racist?
I have already explained to you and am not required to discuss publicly on this forum.

tavyred

It looks like we have a gratuitous use of the ‘R’ bomb. :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Plymouth is one of the 36 - However, you look at the numbers behind the 36 and they are minimal - more scaremongering I feel
Not on this list from the FT