• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
...which would be a very selfish action..
In a way yes but no different to those who use up NHS resources through drinking, smoking, overeating etc.

IndoMike

In a way yes but no different to those who use up NHS resources through drinking, smoking, overeating etc.
Four wrongs don't make a right.

elginCity

It's not only the use of NHS resources though, Al. Those with the 'bollox to that' attitude can also potentially fatally infect others even more vulnerable, and without recourse.

Alistair20000

It's not only the use of NHS resources though, Al. Those with the 'bollox to that' attitude can also potentially fatally infect others even more vulnerable, and without recourse.
Yes I get that but there will be some that simply won't lock themselves away for months. The even more vulnerable could contract this fecker from all manner of other sources too.

No easy answers unfortunately.

elginCity

Yes I get that but there will be some that simply won't lock themselves away for months. The even more vulnerable could contract this fecker from all manner of other sources too.

No easy answers unfortunately.
Not easy, but the 'bollox to that' brigade should have the lockdown measures imposed on them by the authorities, as is happening in Italy and Spain right now.

As I've said repeatedly, I really don't understand the delay in lockdown UK. Italy today has lost nearly 400 people, the toll is rising rapidly daily, but hopefully the extreme lockdown measures should start having an effect within the next week or so. Fingers crossed.

LOG

A friend on Facebook invited me to join a group on there called Coronavirus Live – Devon. Needless to say, it's full of speculative nonsense.

I don’t think it was the intention of the group but it seems to be succeeding in social media self-isolating these people in one place and there has been a drastic reduction in the number of posts on my timeline offering me the chance to find out which superhero I’d be.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A friend on Facebook invited me to join a group on there called Coronavirus Live – Devon. Needless to say, it's full of speculative nonsense.

I don’t think it was the intention of the group but it seems to be succeeding in social media self-isolating these people in one place and there has been a drastic reduction in the number of posts on my timeline offering me the chance to find out which superhero I’d be.
I reckon you'd be Asterix.

Banksy

One of my granddaughters is a mental health nurse in Cardiff. One of the nurses on the ward has just been diagnosed with C19 which has meant locking down everyone who has been in contact with her. The difficulty is locking down those sort of patients who just can’t understand why it’s all happening and get violent .

Grecian2K

That would be galling.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Could get an Obelix raised in your honour !